home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Monday, September 26, 2011

Mod Mix Monday 17

A Happy Mix
These colors make me happy.
I use them in my own home all the time.
But that wallpaper mixed with the very serious chairs in circus colors is just too darn pretty.

Yes, it's time for another Mod Mix Monday.

Let's review my favorites from last week...
Gloria at A Little Paint made a bold choice when it came to painting
this vintage table. 
I love the shape of this table and would have bought it myself.
She really made it modern in the way she painted it.
Design Par Deux took a small tired french chair and made
it so pretty and fresh by painting it and adding new upholstery.
Stacy at Conspicuous Style created the look of high dollar drapes
by adding the trim herself.
Chania from Razmataz transformed her kitchen island with old doors, 
barn wood and paint.

Now let's see what you have this week.

I want to see anything new mixed with something old.
Antique and Modern side by side.
Something old made to be new or something new made to look old. 
Vintage and Modern going hand and hand.

Please link to your project post not to your entire blog.


18 comments:

Tammy @BeatriceBanks said...

Those are happy colors! Love all your features. Fun party!

Ricki Treleaven said...

Nice post and features, Nita. Thanks for hosting.

Amy said...

Those colors make me happy too! Thanks for hosting.

Amy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gloria @ A Little Paint said...

Thanks for the feature and hosting as usual!

Sonya@Beyond the Screen Door said...

Hi, Nita! So glad I could link up this week. Don't know why I seem to miss this each week. I linked twice (hope that's ok) one that shows old items used in a new way and one with just new.
Had to pin your first pick! LOVE that wallpaper with those chairs. Have a Happy week!

Teresa said...

Love them all....the mirror over the bed has given me an idea of what to do over my bed....thanks
Happy day

My Galveston Cottage said...

The first photo really caught my eye. Like you, they make me smile. So jazzy and fun. Thanks for providing such inspiration!

Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage said...

Thanks for hosting the party, Nita! I would love to have you join me again this week for Time Travel Thursday.

Blessings,
Liz @ The Brambleberry Cottage
http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Hey Nita~ All linked up today!! Thanks so much for hosting!

Kahli said...

Thanks for hosting and thanks for the feature on our french chair!

NanaDiana said...

Wow- Some beautiful images here- I adore that chair! xo Diana

Revi said...

Love the way you mix it up! Thanks for hosting - it's my first time to link up!
-Revi

Nancy's Daily Dish said...

That first pic is fun! Definitely happy!

6th Grade said...

my first party here though i love your blog, esp the open houses! we lived (and still own!) in a house in the M-Streets tudor-style section of dallas. oh, how hard it is to move to new construction after my urban cottage life!

keep up the great blogging!

amy

polkadotpeticoat said...

Love the top picture.....love the color, perfect!

Emily said...

I'm new to you and your Mod Mix Mondays, thanks to Janet at The Gardeners Cottage. I'm loving it and will be back for more!

Cindy said...

I love the room that you have featured, what a fun place to sit and eat!
I have been gone and too tired to put together a post that would fit here.
Hopefully one week soon I will be able to join again, such a great meme.
Hugs, Cindy