home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Open House Sunday 19

In Oklahoma City
Built 1929
(see listing here)
This one I've actually been in a couple of times.
It's a duplex that was completely redone several years ago.
A friend of mine lived in one side for awhile.

You enter into a covered hallway with a doorway to each home opposite each other.
Each side mirrors the other.
Two exact copies.
Each side has a fireplace like this.
Up some steps to the dining room. A deck is off the french doors in the dining room.
I love that feature.
Each side has a matching kitchen.
I would have chosen other finishes but you can't deny this is nice.
Each side has a staircase leading to bedrooms upstairs.
and overly decorative bathrooms
Still very nice. I could live here.
So I said a friend of mine lived here for awhile and then another friend of mine
wanted to buy it for her and her boyfriend to live in.
He'd live on one side and she on the other. 
I thought that was a fabulous solution for making a relationship last. 

Ideal...I think. 
No squabbles about who has to clean what. 
Who should pick up their socks.
Who should take out the trash.

You both have your own side and you can have sleep overs. 
The perfect arrangement, if you ask me.

Thanks to all of you that were supportive about my little blog piracy.
I was so happy when it got taken down.

Have a nice Sunday!

13 comments:

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

It's a very cute two family home.

Dee

Nancy's Daily Dish said...

Beautiful!

Nancy

Sunny Simple Life said...

I hope this normal blog post means your pirate ordeal is over. What a nightmare. Hope all is well.

Cindi Myers said...

LOL! I agree with you of course!
A "perfect" arrangement. :D
I think it's very nice, but totally not my style....but I would gladly live there.
(I'm hating MY house today. totally sick of it.....)
oh well, until I win the lottery it will have to do.
I put a "Piracy Badge" on my blog after reading your and Steve's post!
So glad that it's been taken down!
Hope you are having a "good" day.
XOXO - Cindi

Brenda Pruitt said...

I think that's the nicest duplex I've ever seen. Really pretty! I like the idea of a couple each having their own space. Probably less divorce that way!
Brenda

NanaDiana said...

Nita- They did a fabulous job on the duplex. What fun that you were able to get in and spend some time there. I think the boyfriend/girlfriend solution is an ideal one...unless, of course, one decides to date others!;>} xo Diana

Nita Stacy said...

NanaDiana -
Yes, good idea unless you split up which they did a few months later. That would have been very bad indeed. But better than living in the very same house after a split.

A Sense of Design said...

This is why I love American houses, they are so full of character!!! I was wandering if this would be a good idea for my ex and myself...our little girl could go between the two but I think tensions could arise! We do manage to holiday together so that she can experience the undivided attention of both parents who love her!

Kim@Chattafabulous said...

Such a cute storybook exterior!

Sharon Rexroad's Bringing Creativity 2 Life said...

( sorry if this is a double post)

much as I loved your Johnny Dep pic, I'm glad your pirate has walked the blog equivalent of a gang plank!

This duplex makes me want to move to Tulsa. You and I would be best of friends within a weeks time and you could come over and help me undo the overdecorated bathroom!

Linda Hartong said...

Cute house and what a great idea. Perhaps I should mention it to my husband. He does get tired of hearing "pick up you socks".

Ricki Treleaven said...

I think the duplex is cute. I am happy that the pirated blog is history. How annoying!

Elizabeth Conwell said...

Is someone renting this or buying it? I want to live there. Randomly came across your blog on pinterest.