home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Thursday, January 29, 2015

Living in Grand Budapest Style

So I mentioned here that I went to see The Grand Budapest Hotel for the second time last week.
That movie is so beautifully art directed...
I'd love to redecorate my whole house Grand Budapest Style.
 
Last week I ordered The Grand Budapest poster off Ebay.
I have no idea where it will end up in my house but I'll find the perfect spot.

Here are a few things I found on Etsy and Ebay inspired by the movie.
A sweet little sign announcing an allegiance.
via
Pencils with some of the great lines from the movie. 
I think I need these for work.
via
Definitely a coffee cup from Mendl's would make my morning tea even better.




 
via
My iphone would look nice all dressed up as a bakery goodie from Mendl's.
via
Russian nesting dolls of all the characters from the movie are delightful.
via
And who doesn't like an official ashtray from a hotel?
I collect Skirvin Hotel stuff from our own illustrious grand hotel here in OKC.
This Skirvin ashtray is tempting me, currently.
 via
This actual prop from the movie recently sold on Ebay.
 via
A sweet t-shirt
 via
Another good line from the movie is commemorated on this poster.
And this necklace.
I think I must have it.

7 comments:

donna baker said...

Nita,I liked the movie too. I didn't even know the Barroness was Tilda Swinson; I thought it was the red haired witch in American Horror Story.

My Notting Hill said...

You've reminded me that I want to see that movie. Fun post!

Adam Hazlett said...

You need "Boy with an apple" to really complete the look.

karen@somewhatquirky said...

I could use that necklace.

vintage girl at heart said...

I think I have Skirvin wooden hangers?? I'll look and let ya know.
I have to see this movie now that you've shared all of these teasers..

Lydia Holden said...

I agree, the necklace looks so good, I want it too!
Cleaners Fulham

Cindi Myers said...

Yep, I gonna have to rent that movie.
;)