home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Fall Decor at Pier 1

I worked late last night doing inventory at Pier 1.
That's a photo of some of our fall decor above.

I have to say I am finally really getting in the mood to do some fall decorating
although the weather outside is not cooperating.
It's still in the 90's here. 
But I'm very inspired by all the fall decorating going on my fellow 
bloggers' blogs.

I'll have a few fall projects coming up soon myself.
I usually just decorate for Halloween and then follow with some Thanksgiving decor
but this year...I guess I'll do a little Fall, then Halloween and then Thanksgiving.
That's a lot of decorating, isn't it?

Oh...well....as Miley would say...
"I can't stop....I won't stop...."

(Everyone is all up in arms about Miley these days. I have to say...I didn't mind
her performance on the VMA's. I like that song...and I like her new song.
Did any of you see Lady GaGa on "Watch What Happens Live" last night?

Andy Cohen has really been outdoing himself with guests.
He's recently had Cher, Oprah and Lady GaGa.
WWHL is not just for Housewives any more. 

Anyway...back to Fall....

I thought I'd show today my favorite fall items at 
beaded, sequined and glittered pumpkins - yes!
There are never enough Thanksgiving decorations around and these pilgrim hats are super cute.
Very pretty pumpkin table runner
I really love these little pumpkin bowls.
I have the perfect recipe for pumpkin soup too.
Hmmm..I might need these...but I already have pumpkin bowls...
but I don't have THESE pumpkin bowls!
scrumptiously perfect

Love the textures in this owl and pumpkin.
These are my absolute favorite thing.
Linen napkins with velvet trim.
These come in several colors of velvet.
Table runner too..this one with olive green velvet trim.
Very understated for Pier 1 and I love it....who do they think they are?
Pottery Barn?
Love me some silver pumpkins too. 

I also made a trip to The Feathered Nest last weekend.

Oh...was there pretty stuff there!
I'll go back and take photos this time. 

9 comments:

Jemma@athomewithjemma said...

Beautiful Fall pieces-just as you wrote the texture on the owl and pumpkin are so interesting-love them!
Warm Hugs,
Jemma

Patty Rumaker said...

Pier One has such wonderful fall decorations, I was just in there the other day. I adore Andy Cohen but I missed the show with Lady Gaga - shoot! It is also in the high 90's here but I did do just a tiny fall decorating yesterday.
Patty at Home and Lifestyle Design

Ricki Treleaven said...

*sighs* I'm going to go SO BROKE at Pier 1 this autumn! I just put together a fall transitional tablescape using mostly Pier 1 stuff.

LOVE the pumpkin and owl!

xo,
RJ

Adam Hazlett said...

I love those pumpkin bowls too!
I laughed when you said you already have bowls but not THESE bowls... I'm in the same boat.
It seems every year Pier One comes out with better and better pumpkin soup bowls to top the year before.
Sam will never let me buy another set of bowls.

Thehouseofhampton said...

I'm grabbing my wallet and car keys now! I'm loving the velvet trim napkins too. Thanks for the tip!!!
Sharon
@novaraway

Dewena said...

I've got to go to Pier 1 after seeing these pretty things, Nita. And I just saw a table runner at Art & Sand that came from Pier 1 that was lovely. Thank you for showing us these inspirations. It's hard to resist decorating for autumn even this early when I see so many pretty things on blogs. I am especially in love with owls this year!

Gail @Purple Hues and Me said...

Love your selections! I think we all are inspired by visiting Pier1!

Cindi Myers said...

I'm loving that owl and pumpkin too.

Dewena said...

Nita I just realized that I wrote Art & Sand in the comment above when it was actually Art & Home who had the pretty Pier 1 runner. Sorry, ladies--a senior moment.