home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Open House Sunday

Spanish Cottage
in Los Angeles
pretty details to this cottage under a red tile roof
golden light comes through the windows
striped pillows on the porch are nice
nice spanish style fireplace
pretty rug
I like the two matching sofas facing each other in the room
wonderful barrel vault ceiling 
Seems there are mirrors in almost every room of this house.
mirror 1
I always like those niches above the fireplace opening in these type of fireplaces
These home owners have answered the question of what to put in it?
A buddha head!
mirror 2
original sconces are throughout this home
great built in, in this room
mirror 3
nice little office
Notice the tuba on the wall holding flowers.
bright white small kitchen
very classic with the tile counters
and I always love a wall mount faucet
mirror 4
sweet breakfast nook 
I always like chairs in that style and they are cute mixed with that table.
Love the built in, in this room.
great view to the yard
mirror 5
There's a little nook under the stairs.
This is a sweet little room.
Ok, this is a very boring bath.
Just shows how much a shower curtain can do.
mirror 6
mirror 7
The house from the backside...it's much larger than it appears from the front.

4 comments:

Cindi Myers said...

I'm not usually drawn to Spanish homes but Wow! I love the interiors! So much so that I went to the listing. (Omg, it's expensive to live in Los Angeles!)
I love the clean bright look of it. Thanks for another great Open House!

Ricki Treleaven said...

This is such an adorable cottage. It reminds me of the Spanish style cottages in the HOllywood section of Homewood here in Birmingham. I love those little cottages, and the ones that aren't Spanish are either storybook Tudors or funky mid-century modern homes.

Thanks for another great open house! I loved the kitchen in this one.

Liz said...

GREAT house!!! I would LOVE to live there!!

Andrea at Opulent Cottage said...

What a dreamy little cottage. And all of that wonderful CA weather, can you imagine? Another house that makes me want to go buy a sprayer and 5 gallon bucket of white paint. Yeah right, wonder how long that would last :) I would love to see this house with all of your pink and turquoise touches, yummmmm.