home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Open House Sunday

The Pink Castle in Atlanta, Ga
built 1900 - 1923
I don't usually show such large homes...or rather mansions but this is so gorgeous...so European.
That outside had me the moment I saw the first photos.
This house was referred to in the book "Peachtree Road" by Anne Siddon.
I read that book a long time ago and loved it. I guess I need to reread it 
I believe this is the entrance but not the side seen from the street.
The interiors are very formal.
Look at that ceiling! It's amazing, isn't it?
I really love this room. The way it's decorated is just fine. Pink sofa and love those drapes and coffee table.
Oh...I love those very tall cabinets and the big hood over the stove.
I want to see more of this kitchen but this is all there is shown.
Every big mansion must have a ballroom.
Can you imagine the parties that must have been held here?
pretty bedrooms...but they need some updating.
I'd love to see the bathrooms in this place...wouldn't you?
But...oh the facade...it's right out of a novel...isn't it?
see full listing here

8 comments:

sheri said...

Gorgeous! I want to see more of the kitchen and the bathrooms, too. Bet there's lots of marble. Thanks for sharing!!!

Shabby Brocante, Karen said...

What an amazing estate! Love it. Gorgeous inside and out!
Karen

Cindi Myers said...

aaaaah, a ballroom!
lovely.

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

Thanks for the tour. I wonder if I could turn my garage in a ballroom...

The enchanted home said...

Wow!! How gorgeous..never has blushy pink looked so beautiful! Every room is exquisite....

Custom Comforts said...

Very, very pretty. Like out of a movie or fairytale. Thank you for sharing this beautiful mansion so we can all dream a little.
Cindy

Patti Willey said...

Oh that facade! Gorgeous!

Cindy said...

What a beautiful mansion! I LOVE IT! I would like to see the bathrooms, the kitchen stove is marvellous!