home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Friday, March 20, 2015

Potting Benches

It's Spring and time for Potting!
 via
The first day of Spring and I start thinking about planting outside.
Every year I think I'll have a potting bench. 
I've bought two different pieces of furniture to make into one but...
the first one my Mom liked...so I gave it to her.
The second one I decided to use inside. 
So I'm still looking for a potting bench.
Isn't that one above amazing?
This one all in white is very fresh.
via
All the green looks pretty sitting on the white bench.
And then sometimes weathered wood is just right. 
I'm sure it's all the pink flowers in this one that speaks to me.
 via
 via
simple and just right

Since every time I find an old piece of furniture to use as a potting bench it ends up inside,
I might just break down and buy one of these off Ebay.
There are lots of options on there and most have free shipping.


 I'm leaning toward that one above. It's under $100 and can be folded up when not in use.
Easy to store! That's a plus.


Most of these are under $100 and none no more than $150.

Spend more and you get bigger and more elaborate.

So perhaps this year will be the year I'll have my potting bench.
A friend asked if I plant a lot and I said in the spring and fall.
"Will you use the bench?", he asked.
Truthfully, probably not. I usually do all my potting sitting on a stool in the backyard
where when I spill stuff like dirt...it does not matter.
It's easy to clean up when potting in the grass.
But I still do want the potting bench...cause they are just so quaint and really add to
the gardening atmosphere.

7 comments:

Debby said...

No night time Craig's List adventures. My heart can't stand another one. Lol

Debby said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sonia said...

Oh my goodness all of those benches are just so pretty. I love them all! My hubbie made me a very rustic one years ago but outside in the elements it just fell apart. Time for a new one this year thanks for the great ideas! Hope you don't find one on craiglist again..I remember that hutch you bought...that story scared me to death! Happy planting! I bought some plants today for the first time this year in honor of Spring!

Donna said...

I love every one of the potting benches. They're not only functional but make great outdoor sideboards/display areas. I have wooden one with the lattice on back that I got at a discount store and it's held up pretty well. I have to admit that I don't use it that much for potting because most of my containers are large and it's easier to work on the ground.

Junkchiccottage said...

Nita,
These are all so great. I love that a second one how beautiful is that! Thanks for all the inspiration.
Kris

Kit said...

I love potting benches! All of these are wonderful. :) Kit

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

Oh, now I want a potting bench!