home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Friday, January 31, 2014

The Winter Garden

Bleak?
 via
No the winter garden is not bleak...it's beautiful.
 via
 via
That's a lovely image...not practical at all...but oh......so pretty!

So today is the 5th Anniversary of the day I started this little blog.

I almost let it go by unnoticed.

I was busy working last night on a new design for the whole blog....decided after four years
it was badly in need of a makeover.

Have to say...I think I did pretty well...that a design I created...worked well for me for four years.

But I am feeling like I want something fresh and new.

So I was working on a new design last night and thinking...I'll have this up 
for my Blogiversary when I realized my Blogiversary is tomorrow...being TODAY!

Oh...well...

I really thought it was still a week away!

Anyway....new design to come.

Actually, last thing I should be working on... but us creative types work on the thing
we feel like doing rather than the thing we should be doing.


13 comments:

Debby said...

Happy Bloggy anniversary. So glad to be a follower. I love your posts. Your decorating ideas are great but I love me a good weinie dog story.

Debby said...

Happy Bloggy anniversary. So glad to be a follower. I love your posts. Your decorating ideas are great but I love me a good weinie dog story.

Debby said...

Happy Bloggy anniversary. So glad to be a follower. I love your posts. Your decorating ideas are great but I love me a good weinie dog story.

Debby said...

Happy Bloggy anniversary. So glad to be a follower. I love your posts. Your decorating ideas are great but I love me a good weinie dog story.

Adam Hazlett said...

Amen to that! I love your current design, but can't wait to see what you have in store!!! Happy Blogiversary Nita!!! Can't believe it's been four years!
Here's to many more...I know you've had times when you felt like stopping, but I'm so glad you didn't...I enjoy your blog so much! Just hang in there, it always gets better.

Cindi Myers said...

Happy Anniversary!!!
I remember the post that I read the first day I found your blog (it was about your Dad) and we've been great friends ever since.
Times does fly!
I know whatever your new design is, it will be FABULOUS. You are not capable of doing anything less.
But I hope that you don't change having you Weenies and their adorable faces on here. They always make me smile!
Here's to another great year!
Cheers!
XOXO - Cindi

Pamma said...

Love your blog. It is always a pleasure to read about your pups. Your perspective is fun, bold and natural. Thanks!
Pam

Donna said...

Happy anniversary! I really enjoy your blog,thanks for keeping it going.
The pictures in this post are lovely. I love winter and I love winter in the garden. Yea! no weeding. I especially think it's pretty when a light snow outlines the trees and shrubs.
I like the design of your blog but look forward to checking out the new look.

Sonia said...

Beautiful winter garden pictures! Happy Anniversary Nita! Blogiversary that is! I always enjoy my visits to your blog! Congrats again on creating such an interesting and always pretty blog!
Miss Bloomers

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

great way to celebrate your milestone. those gardens make me want to take a different approach to the barren patio I have during winter.

Kay dancingbrushpainting.blogspot.com said...

Your last sentence? I can completely relate.

I've enjoyed journeying with you!

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

Happy blogiversary! I get that the party is going to be a picnic under the snow?

karen@somewhatquirky said...

Hey! Happy blogiversary! Beautiful gardens.