home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Outdoor Decor

Mod Mix Monday continued...

Lots of good ideas in that photo.
A simple bench piled with pillows becomes a great space to hang out on the patio.
Crates full of herbs....burlap sacks covering pots.
Lights and birdhouses.


I'm enjoying this summer so much! 
The weather has been so fabulous! 
We were in the 80's last week and in the 90's this week.
Perfect summer weather.
Last year we had like two months in a row of temps over 100.
So this cooler summer with lots of rain is really a treat.
Which makes me enjoy being outside all the more.

This time of year also brings sales on outdoor furniture in stores.
Which I really love...I'm no where near tired of decorating outside. 
And from the link ups last week to Mod Mix Monday...neither are you.

I've been finding good deals on outdoor stuff to add to my outdoor living area.
I'll show soon.

But for now...here are my favorite outdoor projects from last week's 
Mod Mix Monday.

This week's party is still going on..link up here.
Laurel of The North End Loft shared her cute little potting bench.
Look at this cute little garden banner she made to decorate the bench!
Laura of Cottage and Broome showed off her amazing backyard.
The focus of her post...her wonderful vintage chaise lounge which she painted and accessorized.
Sweet!
The Scribbler from Scribbler Unfocused has been busy painting all her wicker furniture in 
bright pastel colors this year. The pink victorian rocker is her latest transformation.
Her garden room is such a pretty happy place.
Heather of Friendship, Life and Style had a summer tea.
Oh...My! I love that china!
What a pretty table she set.

4 comments:

Christine at Little Brags said...

my fave is the first one.....love!!

Scribbler said...

Thanks for featuring my pink rocker! I am sitting in it right now, and I really enjoy again after all those years it was hiding in the attic.

Laurel Stephens said...

I'm so glad you like my potting bench, and thank you for featuring it here today. I'm also glad to hear you've had a good summer of weather. I think we're having the one you had last year! :) I held off until now to decorate and photograph my bench because it's been so darn hot, and we finally had a bit of a break that day. Thanks again, Nita! Hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Unknown said...

This is the perfect decor to liven up my outdoor living space. Additionally, I highly recommend getting an outdoor fire pit to add more flavor to the space. I bought one last month and it's not only aesthetically appealing, but it also expands our entertainment options.