home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

House Numbers

Numbering Your House in Style

Attic mag did a really interesting post today about numbering your house in a creative way. 
Please go there and see the great ideas for displaying your home's address. 


I thought I'd share my own house numbers. I created this from a plaque I found in the garden stuff at Hobby Lobby a couple of years ago. I have no idea what it was intended for originally, but when I saw it...I knew I could somehow add house numbers to it. I bought metal numbers at Ace Hardware and glued them on with all weather adhesive. 




See how it accents the pole just perfectly? 







7 comments:

Unknown said...

Your house number look great, very traditional for a traditional house. But I can kinda see the numbers painted a soft turquoise.
Traci

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

I love the house number plaque you created. Thanks for coming by my blog. The bowls were bought at a local home decor store. It is not a franchise. We love Nissans and have owned a few Maximas between us and our daughter. My husband has a GM discount he can use is why he is going with a GM car. He has had many Tahoes and then the Traverse. Switching to Buick this time it looks like. American cars have come a long way because they are finally taking their cues from the European and Asian markets.

Kim@Chattafabulous said...

So glad I found your blog. I have restored several vintage homes myself and live in a 1920's Victorian now. I have signed up to follow - can't wait to read more. Do stop by when you get a chance!

DreamgirlLisa said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog, I LOVE your house and have been enjoying reading your posts and looking at the pictures of your home.

Unknown said...

Your home is gorgeous! I LOVE this style, if I could have any house, it would be 1930s bungalow - love! Great job with the house number too, how clever! I am so glad you found Little Blue Deer so I could find YOU! Delighted to be your newest follower, and will definitely add you to my blog roll! XO!

Cathy~Mille Fleur said...

Oh I love your house numbers! I love the little cherub...what a wonderful idea!

Your home is beautiful! We live in Dallas and it reminds me of alot of the older homes in Highland Park!

Enjoy!
Cathy

I am so happy I found you today! I look forward to following along!

Donene said...

I love the house numbers! They look great!