home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Sunday, April 25, 2010

The Pole!!!



aka Serpentine Column


Yesterday I told "How I Met My House". I talked about the pole or serpentine column that is in the design of my front porch. I thought I'd share a photo of it up close and personal.


That's the pole I was so excited to get when I bought my house. 

This morning, Violet woke us all up early...even though it was the weekend and we are suppose to sleep in. 

and we all went outside...



Violet strikes an early morning pose...



Newman sniffs for grub worms...




and Harvey pays attention to Mommy. 

No pictures of Sally...she was still in bed. She's a night owl and doesn't like to get up in the mornings. 

2 comments:

Tammy @BeatriceBanks said...

I just read "how you met your house" and what a beautiful story, what a gorgeous house! When I pulled up your blog, the picture of your house really took my breath away. Thanks for sharing! I'm hooked and will be a follower! Thanks for stopping by my blog so I could find you. Have a great day!

Unknown said...

Good Morning Nita. Love the pictures of your dogs. Since my blog is named after the dogs I try to sneak in at least one picture of one of them in each post.
I too love your "pole". What is it made of? It looks like carved stone. It is just beautiful the way it keeps the motion of the arches going and moves your eyes down to the walk way. I can see why you love your house it really is divine. Thanks for sharing. I always look forward to seeing your home and dogs.