home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Outdoor Spaces

Sit a Spell
A formal sitting area in the garden.
I adore.
Love the two french daybeds in black and white linens.
this one oozes green and has a more natural feel
Nothing wrong with this one either.
I'd gladly have this in my backyard.
How about a desk?
And I have a newly found love of house lamps outside.
Blue trellis walls, I never would have thought, but it makes for a very tranquil space.

I have so many things I'm working on here but can't seem to get any of them photo ready.
I will...but today I just needed some pretty outdoor rooms to dream of.

I have a friend that is having a very very hard time right now.
She is in the hospital and is very seriously ill. 
She is facing surgery today or the next.

I did not know she was ill till a few days ago.
She has been sick for two months and did not want me to know.

She is the kindest person you could ever meet.
She always does nice things for everyone.
She tries so much to help everybody else that she has neglected herself.

I only realized a week or so ago that I hadn't been hearing from her like normal.
I called several times with no call back.
Unusual.
Finally, I called and said..."Now I'm starting to worry...call me."

When she did...it was with news of her ongoing illness that I had no idea about.

Say a prayer for my friend, Shannon Marcrum.
She needs as many as she can get.

The next six months or more are going to be very rough for her...life changing.

Things will never be the same....but I hope they can be good again.
Life is so fragile....we are so lucky just to get up and walk each day.

My friend Shannon is such a precious person....
I wish she knew this about herself; everyone else does.

11 comments:

Katie @ Wildwood Creek said...

Lovely outdoor spaces! Sending prayers for Shannon.

Amy Chalmers said...

Oh yes, life is precious. I have included her already in my prayers Nita. And I do love your outdoor images as well, so beautiful!

Pam @ Frippery said...

I will pray for your friend Shannon. The outdoor spaces are just lovely and filled with ideas.

Unknown said...

I am so sorry to read that your friend is going through such a difficult time. Both of you will be in my prayers and thoughts.
Traci

Sharon Rexroad's Bringing Creativity 2 Life said...

Oh, Nita -- I'm sorry your friend is going through such a rough time. She's fortunate to have someone like you in her life. Post your own projects when you can, but till then you've got the knack for showing the most ethereal spaces and places.

CeCe said...

I love what you said about wishing she knew how wonderful, special, or whatever the word was to describe your friend...that everyone else knew....
So true about so many of those we love.
I seldom comment...but Nita...you are a dear friend over these waves and you add joy to my life. Thank you! CeCe

"Create Beauty" said...

Praying for Shannon right now!

{and you}


Your images are inspirational and gorgeous. We live in an area where outdoor living isn't really possible ~ without a roof overhead and a heater! We visited some new homes recently that featured outdoor rooms. They seemed so wonderful until my husband pointed out that they wouldn't be used very much and wouldn't it be nicer to have that space inside the house, as they were very small lots? Always the practical one!

We are building a house and will have a small backyard, I am planning a courtyard area and planting fast growing trees or shrubs to hide the neighbors view into our house.... oh to have the privacy that I love! {You can't have everything though, at least not on a budget!!!)

God Bless you Nita, and your wonderful friend Shannon. May you be a blessing to her in your kind and beautiful ways...your friendship will be a strong embrace for her.

~ Violet

Rooms by Ann said...

I will pray for Shannon.The outdoor spaces are so beautiful.

Unknown said...

What a sweet friend. I'm sure she knows what a rough time you've had in the last year and didn't want you to worry. To answer your questions, I got the jar with basket at The Feathered Nest. And the Chevron piece is a large chest in my living room. Saying a prayer here for your friend.

Cindi Myers said...

I'm sending positive thoughts and prayers out to Shannon and her loved ones, you included.
You are so right, as long as we have our health, we are truly fortunate.
I'm so thankful that Shannon has you. I hope that YOU also realize how precious you are. You are a wonderful friend.

Love the photos in this post.
I have an old iron daybed in my basement that I will be dragging out and setting up in my garden because of this post!
XOXO - Cindi

Unknown said...

Shannon my god bless you