home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Friday, August 20, 2010

Front Door Color and a Little Prayer

Painting the Front Door
 Country Living

I'm painting the front door this color today or more likely tonight. (There, if I say it than I have to make it happen). I have always loved this room. And always wanted a periwinkle door because of this photo. The last few weeks have been so full of outside changes....that I haven't been able to get anything done on the inside. Like my sewing project that is all over the dining room table or for that matter painting the dining room table under the sewing project.

This week has been full of unplanned things. I had to go to a funeral yesterday that was very unexpected. 
My cousin and best friend in the whole world, the person I've been closest too my whole life has had a reoccurrence of her cancer. I dread all she is going to have to go through again. Chemo starts on Monday. Please keep her in your thoughts. The doctor is very positive. He thinks it can be stopped. 
It just has to be stopped. 

I'm on my way to take Newman back to the vet. He hurt himself last Saturday while I was away from the house for an hour. While all the stuff has been going on outside, I tried my best to be here the whole time to keep the dogs calm and so they wouldn't get into any trouble. 

Newman had gotten used to the painters and Saturday was the last day they were painting. I came home after running a few errands to find him limping and he cried out in pain when I lifted him carefully. I took him to the vet on Monday and my vet said that he'd probably be back 80% by Friday.

Well, it's Friday and he's still moping about. He slept under the bed last night. He's not barking at anything. He's not digging. He's not jumping on anything. He doesn't want to eat unless I bring him home something special. He's eaten no dog food this week. He has eaten three McDonald's hamburgers, watermelon, Arbi's roast beef sandwiches and lots of parmesan cheese. 

I'm so missing my bad NuNu. I can't wait for him to be himself again and be getting into trouble again. Things are just too calm around here with him feeling bad.


11 comments:

Marie said...

Hi Nita - I'm very sorry to hear about your sad and challenging week. I'll be thinking about your BFF and wish her well. As for NuNu, he'll be bouncing back in no time (I have 3 dogs) before you know it.

On a happier note, I love that color you picked, and do you know that image was my very inspiration when I did my master bath?

Wishing you a better weekend and upcoming week!
-marie

Victoria said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your cousin, big prayers for her. I hope your precious little furguy doesn't have anything seriously wrong! And hopefully your trying week will be replaced by a better one coming up!!! Can't wait to see your door:)

Kelly@TearingUpHouses said...

Oooh, I bet your door is going to look great. I recently saw a similar color in my neighborhood on a door and I thought it was very unexpected and pretty.

Also, many good wishes for your friend's health. Crossing my fingers and toes for her.

Kelly

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Can't wait to see the door and I sure hope Newman gets better soon. Will remember your cousin in my prayers.

Erin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Erin said...

Darn keyboard, sorry. I am sorry to hear about your week. Prognosis sounds good, hope chemo goes well. Please keep an eye on Newman, sounds like my friend's weenie who ended up with a pinched nerve, and almost had to have surgery. If the info helps, he was overweight and with a diet, he recovered nicely, saving him from surgery.

Cindi Myers said...

I'm so sorry to hear about the awful week that you are having. I will have your cousin in my thoughts and prayers.

I love the periwinkle door idea. I think it would look so unexpected and happy. You would just about have to smile everytime you see it!

The veterinarian that I work for is also an animal chiropractor. He is always adjusting little weenie dogs, what with their long spines and all. I've seen him work magic!
Do you have one in your area?

Sonya@Beyond the Screen Door said...

What a week you've had!
Hope EVERYTHING goes smoothly as you paint your front door! You deserve a smoothe project! So excited to see it finished!
Praying for your cousin.

Olive said...

Love the periwinkle. Will pray for your friend and NuNu. olive

"Create Beauty" said...

Hi there! I love the colors in your house that I have seen here, such as in your chandelier post.
What color is the blue in that ceiling, and the yellow walls??? I finally gave up on those 2 colors because I couldn't find the perfect ones for my studio. And I LOVE your chandeliers. And how sweet of you to name a doggy after me : ) (LOL... but someone's mother once named a cow after me and I did not take it as a compliment)

I'll be back tomorrow for more blog viewing! What fun.

And so sorry to hear about your good friend and cousin with cancer... a friend of mine was diagnosed with it yesterday also.
Prayers for healing...

~ Violet

Lisa ~Suburban Retreat~ said...

Prayers being sent from Canada for your cousin & puppy. Hope all turns out for all concerned.
Lisa@SuburbanRetreat