home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Thursday, December 30, 2010

2010 Year in Review

A Year in Blogland
Personally, this was not one of my better years, 
but as far as how my year was in cyberspace...it couldn't have been better!

I thought I'd review some of the things I accomplished and shared this past year.
In one of my earliest posts, I shared how I built my vintage inspired fireplace.
It continues to be one of the more popular posts on my blog.
I had fun with this quick project.
A little chalkboard to leave messages to the weenies.
I painted my front door my favorite color - Periwinkle.
A hail storm came through in May and wiped out my roof and destroyed the paint on my house.
After much consideration and much more talk about it on the blog.
I finally decided on a slate colored roof and painted my windows 
Sherwin Williams "Underseas". The whole month of August was spent on outside house projects.
My backyard deck was so lush back in September.
I miss it so much and can't wait to plant stuff again in the spring.
In September I shared my glamorous, yet small hall bath. 
This bathroom has been an ongoing project.
I kept adding mirrors till I had over 60!
Spurred on by a challenge on Funky Junk Interiors....I finished my gallery frame wall.
In October I did a whole month of Halloween.
This was one of my little projects that people seemed to love.
A little ghost trapped in a container. I had a blast all month doing nothing but scary stuff.
I finally showed my kitchen in November after adding some accessories.
There is still much I'd like to do to this room but I got so many kind
comments that I decided perhaps it was not so bad.
Still there are lots I'd like to do to this room.
Following my kitchen reveal I shared my breakfast nook.
I made this simple curtain for the room the night before.
After that I shared lots of my Christmas decor and got so much great feedback that it really made my Christmas special.

Now is the time where I am suppose to do New Year's Resolutions or create a list of things to do 
for the New Year. 
But I think I need to just go back to 2010's list and try to complete it.

I still have many projects in the works...and I'll be sure to show them off as I finish them.
I am a bit perplexed at how quickly some in Blogland turn projects out. 
I just have to tell myself that at least I'm moving forward and not backward. 

Like that dining room that was suppose to be ready for Christmas 
which I have not been able to work on at all since well before Christmas.

Oh...well....it will probably be the first reveal of 2011.
Or maybe not...Maybe I'll do some small ones before that. 
We'll see how it goes.

H A P P Y      N E W    Y E A R ! ! !


sharing at

26 comments:

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hi Nita...

My friend, you were busy, busy this past year! Just wanted to tell you that I really enjoyed all of your fabulous transformations! I love how your new roof and paint looks and ohhh....your patio is gorgeous! You have a green thumb, my friend! I also really enjoyed getting a peek at your kitchen and dining room...I think they're beautiful, my friend! Both rooms have such sweet ambiance! Of course, I just adore your fabulous fireplace...you did a marvelous job on that! Thank you so much for sharing all of your projects with us...it's been such a pleasure to watch your home transform before my very eyes!

Wishing you many blessings for a Happy New Year, sweet lady!

Chari @Happy To Design

Lisa ~Suburban Retreat~ said...

LOVE your Year in Review. I so enjoy following your blog ... there are always interesting posts to be read! Happy New Year to you Nita! xox

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

your frame wall is gorgeous!! i've been wanting to try something like that myself!

http://inthehammockvintage.blogspot.com

the gardener's cottage said...

hi nita,

i'm so glad i found you. better late than never, right? you are one busy gal and you inspire me to do more with less. that's an awesome thing. happy new year to you and wishing us both a better one.

xo
janet

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Nita, you have certainly been busy busy this year. Lots of great inspiration here. Thanks for joining the party!

Alicia@ eco friendly homemaking said...

All of your projects turned out great. I really like your bathroom with all of the mirrors!

Unknown said...

And everything is looking wonderful! I know what you mean, sometimes I think that there is just no way I could complete something in such a short amount of time.

An Urban Cottage said...

Nita,
I would say you made a lot of progress. Your fireplace alone is a masterpiece and you should be extremely proud of it. Great things take time.

My sincere wishes for a happy, healthy and prosperous New Year filled with lots of vintage fun and finds!

Steve

Teresa said...

Have a wonderful new year....I'm looking forward to coming here often next year to see all the divine things going on.
Love your style.
Happy New year

Anonymous said...

You have such a beautiful home! Your decor style has given me so much inspiration that I can't wait to dabble here and there with stuff...I started looking for things on ebay last night and hope to hit some garage/yard sales and flea markets, etc in the near future if finances allow! BEAUTIFUL!

Tara

Olive said...

How in the world did I miss that GLAMOUR filled bath room? It is so beautiful. I too am a little dismayed at how fast people in blogs finish project cause that is not my life!

Andrea at Opulent Cottage said...

Everything you have done is lovely! You certainly accomplished more than I did, LOL. Maybe next year I'll finish my list from this year, too.
Nita, your blog is my favorite new find from 2010. I look forward to another year of your inspiring posts!
Happy New Year,
Andrea

Amy Chalmers said...

You sure did get a lot done this year. I have to tell you my favorite is your kitchen, because it is an everyman's kitchen and it looked so darling but not too cutesy. I think its great. I loved the glam bath makeover too, I just love that kind of stuff. Most of all I love reading your text, it is very genuine and I'm glad we are blog friends.

viridian said...

I agree with all they said!
Thanks for sharing.
I'm visiting from Time Travel Thursday.

Chrissy said...

Wow I just found your blog and it is just wonderful. You accomplished a lot of projects this year.
I will definitely be a follower to be able to see your future projects.

Anonymous said...

Happy new year!!! And I must say...I adore your kitchen! Xoxoxo

Lisa Loo said...

Your home is the kind of home that most people only get to dream about!
We just bought this huge 5,300 sq ft monster that I would give anything to make it feel like the way your home looks.
You have a home, I have a house.
So I hope you keep posting--cuz I am taking notes!

Meadowsweet Cottage said...

Nita, I think I'll need to go back to my 2010 To-Do List too before I add some new projects (or maybe not if I get inspired). I remember finding your fireplace post then the chandeliers and I was hooked on your vision and talent!

((Hugs)) and wishes for a happy 2011!

Cindi Myers said...

I love every post you've done! You have such an amazing mix of sparkle and elegance and a dash of glitter! LOL!
But my most favorite of all posts was the one about finding your home and you also talked about your Dad. I had stumbled across your blog that day and I truly know that it was no accident. That is the one that touched my heart and so thankful that I found you! You have accomplished SO much this year! Your home is stunning and I ADORE your doggies!
And about others and how they so quickly turn out their projects? Hmmm....I sometimes wonder if they take the before shots, then do the project and then have it ready to post all together. OR....like Martha and Oprah, those women literally function on only 4 hours of sleep! Hey I gotta have 8!
Anyway! Happy New Years my friend! The best is yet to be!
XOXO - Cindi

Allison said...

Nita, your house is gorgeous and you have done such a wonderful job of making it so fun and magical. I adore that periwinkle front door! I remember reading that post and I was drawn to your use of color and whimsy. You have been very busy this past year! I wish you a very Happy 2011!

An Oasis in the Desert said...

Wow, you did some amazingly cute and funky projects. You've made your home so cute and inviting. Good for you. Happy New Year!
CAS

Donna@Conghaile Cottage said...

Oh Nita, I LOVE your cottage!!! It is wonderful and I love your decor. We have So Much in common! I am your Newest FOLLOWER!!! Thank you SO MUCH for visiting me so we can be friends!!!
Happy New Year to you,
Hugs, Donna

Pamma said...

I always love your posts. Love your super cute, adorable house! And you are one creative lady!

Funky Junk Interiors said...

Well, I quite simply fall in love with everything you do. So I had to feature this post on SNS #63's sidebar this weekend. :) HNY!

Donna
http://funkyjunkinteriors.blogspot.com/

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Nita~ Oh I love it all~ so great to see a recap of all your fantastic projects!!! I love your style and blog!! Everything is just beautiful!

Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage said...

I just love, love, love all the feminine features of your cottage, Nita. I have to live vicariously through you, and those like you, who can have "pretty" homes. Hubby has his own ideas of what makes a home. And "pretty" isn't it!

Thanks for linking to my party. I look forward to seeing what you link up each week.

Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com