home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Open House Sunday

Across the Street
Mike's house is catty corner across the street from me.
I told you I'd show the inside today after I shared his yard last week.
The landscaping on this house used to be so overgrown, you could barely see it.
Many old overgrown bushes were cleared out or some just trimmed up and 
many other's added.
Now it has a beautiful yard.
Same for the inside...lots of cleaning and fixing the good bones of the home so it could shine.

These are not the best photos and Mike had no idea I would take photos that day.
I asked his permission of course and he said it was fine. 
But he did not straighten up for me and I had to take photos around the four of us touring the house.
The exquisite art tile fireplace. 
I've never seen one like this before.
The buffet and mirror on the other side of the living room.
A buffet in the dining room.
Another buffet on the other side of the dining room.
This one set up as a bar.
The breakfast nook.
Looking from the breakfast nook back through the dining room and into the living room and 
entry way.
The first two peaked doorways are original.
But this one into the breakfast nook...Mike added.
Originally, there was just a normal doorway. He had it widened and made to match the other two.
It opens up the kitchen/breakfast nook area. 

I can't believe this is the only shot I got of the kitchen.
It's a little galley kitchen redone in subway tile, black granite and white cabinets with 
stainless appliances. 
I really like those curtains.
This is the den at the back of the house.
The bath.
This is a large bath by Edgemere standards.
I'd love to have a bath this large.
There is also a very small one attached to the master.
Which is very unusual. Not many of those around in this neighborhood.
I love the tile in this bath and the floor.
Mike added this vanity with marble top. 
I know these vanities are nice to store things in but I would have gone 
for a vintage sink with chrome legs.
original arch over the tub
Look at that tiny niche in the wall over the towel rod.
That's the first time I've seen that in a bathroom.
And the backyard garden, in case you've forgotten.
I'd love to have a nice raised garden out my back door.
My backyard is far too shady for that, however.
It's ok...I love my shady backyard.

Enjoy your Sunday!
I have it off! I haven't had a Sunday off in quite a long time.

13 comments:

Cindi Myers said...

Yep, I could live there.
It has everthing I need.
White kitchen.
Cool fireplace.
Unique archways and built-ins cubbies.
Lovely bathroom.
Fenced in yard.
Wonderful neighbors.

xoxo - Cindi

Kit said...

Nice home! Very classy. :) Kit

Sharon Rexroad's Bringing Creativity 2 Life said...

Enjoy your Sunday off! I'm off to work myself...The life of a shopgirl, eh?

Denise said...

The whole house is darling inside and out.So nice. Denise

Jojo said...

Oh to live in a beautiful stone cottage. Lucky you, you get to look at it all the time!

Ricki Treleaven said...

Such a cute little cottage. :D LOVE the stone on it. Thanks to Mike for letting us tour his adorable home!

Adam Hazlett said...

I like his idea of putting mouthwash in a fancy glass bottle....might try that at my sink!

Nita Stacy said...

Yes, that is a great idea!

Brenda Pruitt said...

I love the tile in the bsthroom. Both on the floor and the wall. And you're right. That fireplace is really special!
Brenda

Patty said...

Loved their house....it sure was neat and more camera ready than my house would have been in a million years. Thanks for sharing it!

Cindy said...

That is a lovely little house, I love it. The windows and the doorways are beautiful, I also love that fireplace.
Hugs, Cindy

Belinda said...

What a great house! Love the kitchen and the bathroom. Is the bathroom paint a periwinkle color? Looks so pretty with the black and white tile.

Beach House Living said...

Great house. I like the fireplace in particular and the sideboard is fantastic.