home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Pantone Color of the Year 2011

Honeysuckle Pink
Pantone has declared that Honeysuckle is the color of 2011.
Well, Violet and I had a feeling it might be.

source: Pantone

Sometimes I wonder if Pantone has a camera in my house.
Last year they declared it the "Year of Turquoise"!
Well, I already had lots of turquoise in my home. 
I've had turquoise in my home like 25 years.
And it was soon followed by Honeysuckle or pink as I call it.
(although I think of a creamy yellow when I think of honeysuckle)
But if Pantone says its pink..then it's pink. There are pink honeysuckles, I know.

I thought I'd gather some of the photos I've shown of my home over the past year and
you'll see it's full up with honeysuckle already.
I was discouraged by many about reupholstering my sofa and chair in pink.
But I knew that was what I wanted.
Guess those women at the fabric store would not discourage me now.


And you know that dining room that I'm working on?
The one I haven't worked on this week because I'm Christmas decorating?
The ceiling in my dining room is.....drumroll please.....
HONEYSUCKLE!!
It's the same shade as my sofa. I just thought I'd do it for fun and love it.
I really like ceilings painted a pretty color different from the walls.
So when I do the big dining room reveal....
you'll see my Honeysuckle ceiling which is actually Devoe Paints' Desert Rose.

So I'm way ahead of this trend. 
I actually was thinking of repainting the ceiling...but now it's got to stay at least through 2011.

18 comments:

Brenda Pruitt said...

I just love to visit your house! It just makes me smile with the cheerful bright colors.
Brenda

Olive said...

I always knew you were ahead of the curve. That chair looks good enough to eat. The name "honeysuckle" is a tad confusing to me. Here they are all yellow.

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Lovin the pink and love it when something you already love is 'in'! Can't wait too see that ceiling- I bet it's gorgeous!

Lamp Tramp said...

Oh my goodness, you go girl! It's an amazing color. You have that amazing ability to know what's gorgeous so the rest of us can follow! I predict you home will be in a photo shoot for a magazine soon. And Violet, oh, Violet! You are so pretty in that perfect pose on your Mommy's Honeysuckle chair. I adore Violet! And Sally, Newman, and Harvey... no one can resist those Dachshund charms!
:)

Carol@6WilsonBlog.com said...

Nita, I cannot WAIT to see your ceiling. Please please show it soon!

Danielle Sigwalt Interiors said...

You should totally call up Pantone and let them know the color for 2012 ;)...you're way ahead of the game! Your home is lovely...I love vintage decor as well! Glad i found your blog via My Notting Hill!

Debra @ Life in a 320 square foot home said...

No WAY! Good, when every other color of fabric in my workshop is a variation of pink...this is good news....

krys kirkpatrick said...

Good for you. Double bonus for decorating your home in the way that makes you happy and everyone else appreciates it. And to be way ahead of the curve.

The House of Healy said...

Clearly, pink, is my all-time favorite color. I collect pink flamingos, I wear pink all the time, my whole professional website is pink, and come to think, so it my blog...My room is pink, with hot pink accents, and turquoise little accents. Nita, you're my color sister. Now, my home isn't like that, but my own little space is, and I love how your home is my own dream come true. :D It's so gorgeous. And I love that you covered these chairs in pink. LOVE.

And hopefully, with it being Pantone approved, our favorite color will be in a lot of new places and in much greater amounts this year!

Unknown said...

Very pretty! and it will mix sooo well with last years turquoise! So happy to hear that your cousin is doing well. Congrats to her!

Anonymous said...

Your home is delicious...love all the pink. You are already ahead of the game.

LeAnn

Jennifer said...

I love all your pink! But I've told you that before ;) I can't believe your dining room ceiling is pink... that sounds so amazing. I can't wait to see it.

Tammy @BeatriceBanks said...

You go girl! Your house is pink-alicious! Of course, you're ahead of the trend. That doesn't surprise me. You have good taste. Surely you will post this on Pink Satruday. Gorgeous!

Chrissie said...

I love your pink furniture! I am so glad you went with your gut on the upholstery.

Anonymous said...

See? You ARE a trendsetter! We always thought so. ; )

The Annonymous HollyM

Cindi Myers said...

Pink looks great on redheads, so of course Violet is simply stunning!
I can't hardly wait to see your ceiling! The suspense is killing me and to make it worse, this morning my home computer wasn't working (I'm at work right now) If it's still down when I get home you'll be able to hear me screaming in frustration when I can't see your next post!
Fingers crossed! - Cindi

Holly @ Roller Coaster Life said...

pink is heaven... i love pink! one day i will have a "mom cave" full of pink because my husband is anti pink!! i did a candy land theme this year for christmas! just a bunch of fun colors and PINK and candy and he is anti our house right now!

i will live through you with the pink! <3

Stacey said...

You set the trend! I will definitely be able to embrace that color trend...somewhere in this boyish house. :)