home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Friday, December 24, 2010

A Merry Weenie Christmas

Happy Christmas to All!!!!
This Christmas Eve morning, Harvey and Newman agreed to this photo session.
My intention was to get in all the weenies.
But the girls would not cooperate. So you get only the boys.
Newmie kind of liked his elf outfit.
Harvey was too fat for his.
I could not get his legs into it. So it's just tucked around him.
But he does make a good Santa.
I tried to get them to sit with the tree in the background but no..you get what you get 
when working with weenies.
Newman is a naughty little elf.
He even wore Sally's costume since she had no interest.
I just had to glitter one more thing before I packed away the glitter for awhile.
My Mom gave me this dachshund ornament a couple of years ago.
But I never displayed it because it's colors did not go with my Christmas stuff.
Well, this year it occurred to me to glitter him and now he goes perfectly well.
I'm watching "White Christmas" as I create this post and loving every minute of it.
Tonight I'll try making my Wild Rice Salad again.
As you know it was a disaster at Thanksgiving. I over cooked it.
But I got the right rice this time.

So I was about to post this and thought....
I think I'll take a little walk up and down my street and take photos to share.
Here is Christmas Eve on Eubanks and Edgemere Court.
My house
I didn't do as much outside as I usually do. Half of my lights were dead when I got them out.
Usually, I do big lit wreaths on the windows.
But that will give me something to look forward to next year.
Eric and Shawna's, next door
looking across the street to Mike's house.
I love his big tree on the porch.
I feel like it's just for me because I can look out my window and enjoy.
Mike's porch
up the street to Wade's
The perfect Christmas house. You can't beat a white house at Christmas.
I called Wade as soon as his lights went up to say how pretty they were.
He said he had to do it for the grand babies.
They were all asking "Papa, when are you going to put your lights up?"
So he had to do it. So pretty.
and Dan's house, next door to Wade
more houses up the street. There were lots more but I didn't get good photos of them.
and back to my house
Of course there are neighborhoods that do much larger displays of lights.
Displays where every tree is filled with led lights in every color of the rainbow.
I like it that most everyone in my neighborhood keeps it old school.
It's hard to beat white lights, green garland and red bows.

Have yourself a 
Merry Weenie Christmas!!!!!!
My Love to all of you...
You've made my 
Christmas Merry and Bright for sure!


sharing at

19 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love your precious Christmas dogs..and lights! Merry Christmas! ♥

Sharon Rexroad's Bringing Creativity 2 Life said...

Sweet Pea, the kitty, and I wish you and the weenies a Merry Christmas. You've helped make my year brighter!

Donna said...

Your pups are just adorable! And I love all of the beautiful Christmas lights. Thanks for sharing, and have a very Merry Christmas!!

Unknown said...

the weenies couldn't be cuter!

merry xmas!

Ames said...

Harvey and Newman are so adorable. And good little sports too! Merry Christmas!~Ames

Fran said...

The dogs are lovely. Have a good Christmas and a Happy New Year xxx

Allison said...

Your dogs are adorable! Merry Christmas to you, Nita!

Modern Country Lady said...

Merry Christmas Nita, and a big hug for yourself and for your adorable doggies.

Paris Hotel Boutique said...

Merry Christmas Nite! I LOVE your little weenies!

JoAnn S. said...

Nita, have a Merry,healthy Christmas...the pups are absolutely fabulous lol sooo cute and so much company..I just love all cats and dogs and miss our black lab.. love and hugs JoAnn

Kelsie from Our Country Home and Studio Photography said...

Give the boys an extra squeeze from me for being good little helper elves and posing...How funny the girls are such Diva's...All the lights are so pretty...I do miss that about living in town...But we will be going for a drive into town later tonight to see the lights in the neighborhoods one last time...Maybe the cranky 2yr old will go to sleep on the way home hehe.

Merry Christmas and a blessed New Year
Kelsie

D.B. said...

So very hard to beat the simplicity of white lights! I plan on removing all Christmasy paraphenalia and get down to the greenery and white lights tomorrow. Weenies - in my experience, the boys will always cooperate, girls are moody. I thought of you on Christmas Eve as I got out my silver steak knives from B.C. Clark's!!!!! They were a wedding gift, lo these 27 years ago. They worked perfectly, slicing into individual beef wellingtons. JEWELRY IS THE GIFT TO GIVE........AND IT'S THE GIFT THAT WILL........you know the rest my friend. Merry Christmas and love to you!!!!

Cindi Myers said...

Whew! I made it! I'm just sliding under the wire!
Merry Christmas!
(I just got home and had to stop by... even though it's almost over!)
I adore your little ones! They are just the cutest! Hope you had a happy and Merry day!
XOXO - Cindi

Olive said...

The weenies are just splendid in their Christmas finery. Girl children are simply moody. Hope you had a Happy Christmas! We have a yard full of snow...first time in a 100 years for this time of year!

Melanie {The Tiny Tudor} said...

Adorable. Merry Christmas to you and the weenies!

Anonymous said...

The pups are precious, and made me laugh out loud! The look on their face says, "Mom, why did you do this to us?" 'Cause it's cute, that's why! ** HollyM **

Elizabeth said...

I love the weenies! I just want to hug and kiss them and hear them growl/grunt in that doxie way!!! They are so precious!

Can I tell you how much I LOVE your porch ceiling? Gorgeous! Those little details are usually all painted over by this time.

The outside lights look great. I also live in a "historic" area of town and everyone keeps it "old school." Besides, those LED lights hurt my eyes!

Lindy said...

Harvey and Newman are adorable! Hope you're enjoying the holidays...Lindy

Amy Chalmers said...

I don't know how I missed this post, but the dogs are so cute. I loved the neighborhood light tour. I like the old school too, it looks really homey Nita over in your neighborhood.