home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Thursday, December 2, 2010

A Canadian Christmas

White Christmas

Ok, so I thought I'd be posting my mantel by now. 
But I just couldn't bring myself to pull out my glittery trees when I'm in the 
middle of sanding my dining room furniture in the dining room.
Plus I don't think it's a good idea to mix dust with glitter.

So I told myself...I'd finish up the sanding part and then I'll decorate my mantel.
And then I'll paint the furniture.
So in the meantime...
enjoy these Christmas visions from
Canadian House & Home
The common denominator here is white.
Which is the color I am painting my dining room furniture 
or what color I will paint it once it is all sanded.
Martha Stewart - Popcorn to be exact.
 It will look a little like this.
I just have three more chairs to do...
and then I'll vacuum and clean up 
and then do the mantel.

I usually don't decorate till mid December but because of the blog...I thought I'd do early
but I'm too much in the middle of my dining room project.

I've heard that more dining room furniture is sold at the holidays than all the rest
of the year put together because everyone wants their dining room pulled together 
for guests and family. 

I guess I'm no better.

I should have knocked it out last month...but of course I procrastinated...
but the important part is - that I am doing now.


19 comments:

Karena said...

Hi Nita I love a White Christmas!! Beautiful images!

I have a $200 Giveaway from Fifi Flowers!
Do come and enter!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

I love flocked trees. What wonderful pics.

. said...

I LOVE that white mantel over the radiator...that is gorgeous!!!

And that big silver/black ornament wreath is fantastic!!

I love all these looks...but I'm still a red and green traditionalist. :)

the gardener's cottage said...

thanks for posting these pics. i need some inspiration!

~janet

Amy Chalmers said...

Good for you for sticking to task Nita and painting the dining room set. I never decorate this early either, but because of blogland I have already done a lot of it. Come on by and say hello!

Anonymous said...

So can we expect to see a flocked tree on a table??

Thanks for stopping by.

LeAnn

E. Charlotte said...

Can't wait to see the mantel! Love the photos you posted. Very inspiring! Good luck with the dining room. :)

Lamp Tramp said...

All such lovely images of white, very inspiring. I can't wait to see your table and chairs, sounds like lots of work. Just getting decorations up can be exhausting, I tend to procrastinate also, but always seem to get more accomplished when I'm under a deadline

Debra @ Life in a 320 square foot home said...

So beautiful! I can't wait to see the pics of your set! I may be inspired to do my kitchen table....So far all I have done is collect paint chips!

I have your quilt - let me know when you want it :)

Deb

An Urban Cottage said...

I LOVE that dark gray-silver ornament wreath but what's hanging from it? It looks like a rubber chicken.

Little Emma English Home said...

Uhuhu! Love this house!! Do they really exist???....

Hugs xx

Teresa said...

Beautiful...I love a white Christmas.
Thanks for sharing.

Tammy @BeatriceBanks said...

Great pics! White has got to be the easiest color to decorate with. No matching, just lots of white and all the shades blend together. Can't wait to see your dining table!

Cindi Myers said...

I love the branches in the vase and the black and white horse photo and the chairs and the....
Oh hell, I love it all!

Carol@6WilsonBlog.com said...

You go girl on the sanding etc. What a great sense of satisfaction you'll have when your family is around it for the holidays! Can't wait to see it.

Journeyin' Lady... said...

If your mantel is anything like the pictures you posted it will be fabulous!

Sharon Rexroad's Bringing Creativity 2 Life said...

Getting your dining room "done" (in quotes because are any of us ever done?!) will be the best present you can give yourself this year! And sharingbit with us will be like we unwrapped a cool present. Can't wait for the reveal!

The House of Healy said...

I can not *wait* to see how it all turns out. Your house is always so beautiful and I'm pretty much green with envy.

And isn't it nice to have blogland to share all your endeavors with, so lots of people can appreciate all your hard work. It makes it so much more fulfilling. And I love seeing everyone else's ideas. It's like a continual catalog!

La Dolfina said...

WOW this is some amazing Christmas inspiration Nita!!!!
Love it all :)
xx