home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

B C Clark

My Favorite Christmas Commercial
Kelly over at
posted her favorite Christmas commercial and asked what her readers favorite Christmas commercial is.
Well, then I had to go find it and post it. 
I would imagine if you ask most people living in Oklahoma what their favorite 
Christmas commercial is they would say this one.
It's a tradition in Oklahoma since way back..at least the 50's.
It is not Christmas without this song and commercial.
The first time you see this commercial on tv, you know...officially...the Christmas Season has started.

Everyone here knows this jingle and it's as beloved as any Christmas carol.
Seriously, when a poll was recently done as to its popularity, it came in second to 
Jingle Bells and ahead of White Christmas.

I don't know if I'd put it above White Christmas, but it is not Christmas without it.
It starts playing Thanksgiving weekend and disappears immediately Christmas day....
so we never tire of it. Because we only get to hear it for a month.

Let me share with you an Oklahoma Christmas tradition....


I mean it...if you grew up in Oklahoma, it is not Christmas without this song.
I missed it so much the ten years that I lived in Georgia, my Mom had to record it and send it to me.
She bought a CD with the song on it and sent it to me.
Every girl in Oklahoma dreams of her engagement ring coming from this jewelers and it's all because of this commercial.

I'm finishing decorating my tree tonight and it really does feel like Christmas in my house because my heat has quit! It's freezing in here!

I hope to show my tree tomorrow.

10 comments:

the cape on the corner said...

you. aren't. serious. i have a post all lined up with my favorite seasonal commercials. i can't believe it's been done! well, i'm still gonna do it!

Nita Stacy said...

Well, it's just one....would love to see your's.

Kelly@TearingUpHouses said...

That IS catchy! Never heard of it. For some reason it reminds me of a Wherenberg Theater jingle that used to play in Saint Louis right before every movie. It was so popular that everyone used to sing along, and people were actually upset when they changed it after, like, thirty years.

Have fun with your Christmas decorating. Can't wait to see your tree!

Kelly

Karena said...

Nita I will have to think about this and come up with a good one!!!

Xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

A Whole Lotta Magic said...

Oh, no! Do you have a hot water bottle; keep warm!

S
xo

Nita Stacy said...

Sue -
I have four hot water bottles...Violet, Newman, Harvey & Sally!

Amy Chalmers said...

That was a catchy tune, so bright and cheerful like Christmas should be, makes you want to go out and buy a little trinket! Hope you heat came on Nita, its too cold for that.

D.B. said...

Hey Okie gal! I just stumbled on to your blog tonight. BC Clark!!!!!!!! I'm tearing up! I have to admit, my engagement ring came from Rosenberg's only because that is where my parents bought theirs - I used to be VERY sentimental. I've been in Nashville since 1986 and am quite content but I do miss a few things........amazing sunsets, amazing people and of course BC Clark's Christmas commercials. THANK YOU!

Nita Stacy said...

D.B. -
I'm so happy you found your way here and got to hear the BC Clark Jingle. I'm sure it feels like Christmas to you now...since you've heard it. So glad you found me.

The House of Healy said...

Okay, I promise to stop leaving comments on everything, but--oh-my-gosh--I totally think this too!

And the instant I saw the words on the page, I heard the song in my head! Thank you so much for reminding me of this most-cherished of Oklahoma Christmas traditions. ♥