home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Friday, December 17, 2010

Taking a Break

I need a break from my Christmas chores....
I glittered and glittered yesterday making snowflakes and reindeer and stars.
Today I am cleaning up the mess and I mean mess everywhere.
So that I can show all my decorations to you.

In the mean time...while I am straigtening....
Here are some lovely images from Better Homes and Gardens website.
Oh...I am so making something like this for next year.
I love the simplicity of this one.
Ok, so much to do and so little time left to do it.
It is suppose to snow here today but so far...nothing.
It wasn't suppose to be very much snow anyway.

I obviously have snowflakes on the brain.

7 comments:

Brenda Pruitt said...

That's the only place I'll have snowflakes: on the brain, that is. There's not much chance we'll see any of it. And you get the wind too! (I so remember that horrid wind!)
Brenda

Amy Chalmers said...

I love that first picture Nita. Whats not to love about all that pink and old tinsel and shiny brites hanging from the chandy! You deserve a break!

Olive said...

Or you have inhaled too much glitter!

Cindi Myers said...

I really like the white wreath on brown! I'm still thinking of painting my bedroom a brown like that and then have all the woodwork and floor be white...and the furniture too!

Hey, I'm waiting for your BIG REVEAL! (No pressure!)

We have at least 5 inches of snow here and more coming on Sunday and they are saying maybe a snowy Christmas!
XOXO - Cindi

Heather said...

Hello! I am visiting from the blog, Lovely Little Cottage. Thanks for sharing these wonderful holiday images. I am anxious to see what you have created with all the glitter!

Tammy@Beatrice Banks said...

Break well deserved. Go have some fun today. Love all the hot pink in these photos. And the food buffet, can't get past that delicious looking chocolate cake. Seems all of our posts include food these days.

Kim@Chattafabulous said...

Oh my gosh, how simple and fabulous is that ribbon "x" on the glass cabinet doors! Gorgeous!