home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Open House Sunday

built 1931
This classic beauty is in Northern Hills neighborhood of Dallas, Texas.
First off I love those big floor to ceiling windows on the front of the house.
Very eclectic decor. I'm not into asian decor too much but with pops of pink....yep...I could do that.
Such a nice view into the living room
Wonderful sunroom. I'd want to be out here all the time.
Here is where that pink comes in again. This room is really whimsical in decor and I like it.
But I think if this was red instead of pink...I would not. 
It's a mix of hot pink asian and green victorian majolica. 
Something I would never put together but 
I love it here.
This is all that was shown of the kitchen. I'd love to see the rest of it. Odd with the cooktop in front of the window.
The built ins are nice
I like these stair stepped bookshelves at the staircase too.
Great spot for a library.
Perfect upstairs landing
I'm not sure what I think of this. I've never seen a bed like this.
You are really committed to that comforter since the bed itself is covered in the same fabric.
The room itself is wonderful. 
I think it just needs a different bed...or think about that bed upholstered in a light off white linen. 
I think then it would be fabulous.
Ok, like this bed and the beachy feel of the room. Kind of love those shutters....oh...there are so many!
Ok, really love this bed and the french table with it's marble top.
Get rid of that ruffled bedside table and this room would be way better.
Nice brick patio out back.
Love the formal look of this wall fountain. 
This house is decidedly feminine. 
It's got great bones...and I like the bits of pink in it.

See the full listing here

Hope your Sunday is beautiful.

6 comments:

Cindi Myers said...

The house itself is perfect but the stove top in front of the window is odd.
It makes me think that they dropped it in where the sink had been. So maybe the sink is in an island in the middle of the room. At least it is in my imagination. :)
Now for the decorating. I agree about making that bed white. It would be much more versatile and I don't really care for florals anyway. But my dogs would love sleeping on that bed! I could see them draped over the foot-roll. What's with the "dresses" hanging everywhere. Don't like that. Hate the screen blocking the side of the stairs. I like the pink too. Your remark on the 'Red" has me thinking of painting my red china hutch Black. Thanks for another great Open House. xoxo - Cindi

Dewena said...

Those floor to ceiling windows do it for me. And the sunroom windows, actually great windows throughout to house, so everything else would pretty much be cosmetic fixes if the bathrooms are okay. That bed? I would tire of it quickly. I look forward to your Sunday houses so I can be an armchair house hunter!

Rooms by Ann said...

Great house I love the fountain, Don't care for the cooktop in front of the window.

Jennifer @ Town and Country Living said...

What a beautiful home. Love the staircase and I love all those shuttered windows in the bedroom.

Lottie said...

Love ALL the windows and light coming in, even the kitchen. The floors are beautiful and the rooms look spacious! Love the fountain, too!

Kim@Chattafabulous said...

Love the classic architecture and the exterior color palette. Looks fresh inside, too!

www.chattafabulous.blogspot.com