home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Elegant Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving decor can be really elegant.
The silver tray added to this wreath makes all the difference.
This is a great Thanksgiving display on this mantel.
Except for the praying hands. Praying hands always creep me out.
They have ever since I was a kid. I know they represent prayer but
they just look like hands cut off from a body to me.
Can you imagine how this room would look all dressed up for Thanksgiving dinner?
I'd love to see that. 
Pretty stuff from Pottery Barn for Thanksgiving.
My last year's mantel. I'll show soon this year's mantel.
I have really no idea what it's going to be. I'll just gather some things from around the house.

I'll be at Pier 1 today selling people stuff for their Thanksgiving tables.
Here are some of my favorite things for Thanksgiving that we have.

a pumpkin tea towel
pumpkin table runner
pumpkin apron
leaf candles
I really like these napkins


and the matching apron

Anyway...I'll be at the Pier this afternoon selling people all the stuff they need for 
their Thanksgivings.


Have a perfect Fall Saturday.


9 comments:

NanaDiana said...

Very nice, Nita. I don't like praying hands either- I always thought they were a little weird...although I do love the beauty of pictures of hands- xo Diana

michele said...

oh nita, does it get better than that first image????

and those napkins with the script are charming too.

pop over for a taste of paris glam when you have a chance!

michele

Vintage Market Place said...

lol about the praying hands, YES they are so creepy :)
Love that fireplace scene I wouldn't have even noticed the hands my eye goes straigt down to the lovely garland and roaring fire....so cozy!!!
Amy

Cindi Myers said...

you crack me up.
cut off hands.
but I do like that the garland said "gather" that's something different.
cool napkins.
hope you hare having fun helping people pick out what they need for Thanksgiving. Are you on commission? if so, they might need more than they realize.
:D
xoxo - Cindi

Debby said...

Pretty pictures. I love those napkins.

Dewena said...

I love your "Give Thanks" glitter sign and your last year's Thanksgiving mantel. It will be hard to top that but I bet you will.

Carol@6WilsonBlog.com said...

I love last year's mantle. Can't wait to see this one.

Linda Hartong said...

I went into pier one today. What a feast for the eyes. I bought a wreath and a pumpkin for my Thanksgiving table

Kit said...

I am going to have to go to my Pier 1. Such lovely items. Kit