home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Saturday, November 9, 2013

Fall Living

Loving Fall!
I love my little storybook tudor revival cottage....I adore it...but...
A photo like that one above makes me wish for a big white house.
I grew up in a big white house. They are the best at Christmas.
But doesn't that one look great decked out for fall?

In my opinion there just aren't enough white houses any more. 
They used to be everywhere.
I'm upset when I see them get painted brown or green.
Some classic houses are meant to be white. 
Let them be....now...off my soap box...and on to more pretty fall stuff.
Jermaine did a post this week where she showed off her talents as a floral designer.
She says she is not one...but the photos tell a different story.
I'm not a fan of antlers in decor...I don't care how "IN" they are.
But her images just might make me change my mind.
I love how she coupled them with blushing pumpkins and roses.
It's a fall pumpkin fantasy at her house!
I'm not sure where this image came from originally. 
I searched and couldn't find it.
I think it might be from Savvy Southern Style or Common Ground taken 
when one of them was out and about 
but I could be wrong. Let me know, if you know.
That is the sweetest pumpkin....ever!
Just found this blog and its full of pretty little embroidered things.
Very inspiring.
This is where I want to have my Thanksgiving dinner.
If the weather holds...I will have mine out on a back patio in front of 
an outdoor fireplace.
But...with the holiday being late this year...it may be too cold.

Oh...who can resist this? Orange and turquoise....I adore that combination.
This image makes me want to simplify my whole way of living.
Out with the painted white furniture in my house and in with the rough wood.
At least for Thanksgiving!

All these images saved in my Fall folder on Pinterest.
I've been "pining" on Pinterest of late...not to be confused with "pinning" on Pinterest.


Hope you are having a great weekend!

10 comments:

Sharon Rexroad's Bringing Creativity 2 Life said...

Nita -- I know just what you mean about 'pining'. The images you highlighted are wonderful. Now off to visit Fiberluscious. (If I don't accomplish anything else today, may I blame it on you?)

Cindi Myers said...

LOVE all these images.
Especially the last one.
:)
I live in a white house....but today I wish it was a white modern farmhouse on some land....far from everything!
Ha!
Hope you are having a good weekend.
xoxo

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

Dang. so many pumpkin decorating ideas, so little time!

I do love the door trim in the first picture. sign me up for that door and frame when I win the lotto.

Dewena said...

I've been pining too! Spent one whole night pining for so many pretty things that made autumn beautiful on Pinterest. But then we just have to turn it off and look around and realize that home is pretty darn good!

I have to agree about white houses. Just wish our little one didn't need repainting every few years.

Those pictures are all beautiful and my heart went flipflop on the last outdoor ones.

Donna-s Lair said...

Now those are some pretty fall images and the prettiest tablescapes I've seen recently!!!

Unknown said...

Yes, I Love this front door too. I seem to be drawn to the intense oranges this year.
Traci

Debbie said...

Beautiful images. I agree about the white houses. I live in an old white home and intend to keep it that way.
;)

Fiberluscious said...

What a beautiful blog! I am honored to honored to see my embroidered pincushion here. Thanks so much!

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

I agree with you about white homes, Nita. Our previous home was a tiny old white house with black shutters and I loved decorating the exterior in the fall and winter!

I love all the images you've shared today.

Unknown said...

I live in a white house. Lighting For Artwork