home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Sunday, November 10, 2013

Open House Sunday

Cute and Cheap Little Cottage
in the Crestwood Neighborhood of OKC.
built 1933
This little cottage is move in ready.
It's not the fanciest and needs some landscaping but it's in a good neighborhood on a good street.

With a little love this cottage could be adorable.
The current landscaping is lacking...but it wouldn't take much to make it pretty.
I thought that front patio looked a little odd so I looked this house up on the county accessor's page.
It originally had a false balcony outside the french doors in front.
That makes more sense for a house this age.
I rather like that and think I would have kept the iron work...perhaps built out the 
patio but placed the ironwork in front of it.
I wouldn't have wanted to lose it entirely.
I don't like the color of the cement on this little patio....a natural color would have been better or paint it to match the red porch.
This little bit of landscaping is way better than what it had...but it needs more.
Nice little porch and a porthole door.
The living room is bright and open with french doors at one end and
A nice fireplace at the other.
Interesting the way the brick was painted on this fireplace.
dining room with vintage chandelier
 The kitchen isn't fancy...but it's been redone and it's white.
 I love the exposed brick and keep thinking I should do this in my own kitchen.
See...not fancy but it's cute enough...right?
 Add a little white subway tile and this kitchen would be much better.
nice clean rooms already for move in
I wish my own cottage had been this move in ready.
 
subway tile in the bathroom
All this bathroom needs are a few well placed accessories.

And a little back patio.
It's not fancy...but a good first cottage with a little history and at a good price.

see the full listing here

17 comments:

Miss Kitty said...

Very cute! Thanks so much for the tour...everything in the little house looks fresh and clean. Here in the South, that little house would probably have its brick painted a creamy white...I love painted brick but its not for everyone. I like all the suggestions that you made...hopefully the new owners will take your advice.

hron said...

Oh, this is such a "jewel" of a house!!!! I'd move in in an instant!!!! Thank you for showing us the crisp, clean interior!!!!

Cottage Dreaming and Flea Market Wishing said...

such a cute house and good price! :)

Historically Vintage said...

Precious! I would buy it in a heartbeat!

Stacey said...

I like it very much! Landscaping would make all the difference in the world.

Ricki Treleaven said...

I love the interior! And I could have so much fun furnishing it and planting the landscaping.....Oh, I could really go to town on it, I tell ya!

Great listing, Nita!

Andrea at Opulent Cottage said...

I just cannot believe this precious little house for that price! What a great little gem to fix up. Sure wish I could snap this up for a rental. (Have been watching too much Income Property, ugh.) Love love love it!!

Anonymous said...

Love little cottages. This one has good bones and could really be a keeper.

Cindi Myers said...

OK, I'm packing my bags, loading up the critters and I'm moving in.

Diane said...

What a lovely little cottage. Such a pretty interior and what an affordable price!

Unknown said...

I love this cottage and it looks like it has many of its original detail. I am ready to move into this little move in ready cottage. I think some bushes in front of the patio slab would be good.

Kim said...

I can't believe how inexpensive this great house and lot are. It is so stinkin' cute and has such potential. It's all about the good bones isn't it? And I think you should be a real estate broker. They way you g through room by room and see the details that could be pulled out.....you would inspire homeowners I am sure of it.
Have a great week sweet Nita!
Kim@reposhture

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

I could easily make that house my own! I love bright spaces with lots of natural light and that house fits the bill.

Cindy said...

That is an adorable little cottage, I wish I could find something like that, only larger, in my neighbourhood!
Thanks for the tour!

Dewena said...

This is a charming little house and I love the living room. It would be a great starter house but also a good downsizing house for a retired couple who wants less space to maintain. It has all the essentials except maybe an extra bathroom so the one didn't have to be shared--essential to a happy marriage!

Calvin said...

This is a great house, Nita! And thanks for sharing this list! It's really hard to look for a fancy house at a favorable price. Anyway, I do hope some other houses are available in the vicinity. I can imagine other fabulous houses to complete the list.

Calvin Mordarski @ CityBlockTeam.com

karen@somewhatquirky said...

1200+ square feet isn't too bad for a 2 bedroom. It looks as though that kitchen could be opened up all the way into the dining room as well. Pretty dang cute!