home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Saturday, November 30, 2013

Christmas Time

Is Here
Oh yes it is!
I think this is my favorite Christmas song of all time.
I put Christmas off but now that Thanksgiving is over...I'm all about it.
I just don't like it being forced on me before Thanksgiving.
the sweetest of snowmen
love this Christmas tree in a basket.
Hmm...might do this. 
I'm tired of my white tree and want to do something different.
Then I see a photo like this and think it wouldn't be so bad to drag the white one out, yet again.
Tonight at Walmart I bought these great big beauties.
LED C9's that look just like the old big lights that used to burn down houses.
I was thrilled to find these at Walmart for $6.99.
I bought two strands to use outside. 
But it's tempting to use them inside too. 
See! Just plastic but when lit they look like the real thing.


9 comments:

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Lovely Christmas images, Nita. We're still using our big old bulbs outside, but it's nice to know that when we replace them there's an old fashioned looking LED replacement. I've got our new smaller tree up and decorated, but the rest of my weekend will be spent decorating, with my Christmas tunes playing in the background. It really is the most wonderful time of the year! Enjoy!

Unknown said...

Inspiring Christmas photos, I'm putting my tree up tomorrow - I absolutely love the run up to Christmas :)

Emma
(Dear Thirty)


HWIT BLOGG said...

This is christmas inpiration on highest level!
Take care, have a lovely weekend,
Titti

Diane said...

Lovely christmas ideas. I really like the smaller trees in baskets, so pretty. Love the wreaths and snowman too!

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Very beautiful my friend and wonderful ideas too. Can't wait to see your own decking. Lovely music, I am enjoying it.
Happy Tksgiving.
FABBY

Cindi Myers said...

Oh! I loved those lights that used to burn down houses!
I had to run out to the store today and now I think I am actually getting into the Holiday mood!
I picked up a couple of things to decorate the house with and I haven't done that in years!
Thank you for this post and I'm looking forward to see what you will do this year!
(I think I might even try to get some good photos to share!!!)
xoxo - Cindi

Kit said...

We went with LED C9's for our outdoor lites. Our power bill each December was horrible. We'll turn on our lites tomorrow and I am eager to see how they look. Love all your photos, especially the snowman. Kit

Amy Chalmers said...

I have to get into Christmas mode here too. I will have to pull out our things from a crawl space in the attic which is a triumph in and of itself. This year it will be less stuff though, I want an enchanted tree and some mantle decor and a big bushy wreath on the front door and that will do it! We plan to do more things and activities like a family movie night watching Polar Express in our xmas pjs with the boys and fiance and her sister and Daves little boy. Hot cocoa and christmas cookies and all that good stuff. memories are meant to be made. xo

Laurel Stephens said...

We always listen to Vince Guaraldi at Christmas. I keep his Christmas cd's packed away with our decorations, and it's the first music to go on during tree trimming. Our favorite holiday music of all time!