home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Friday, November 8, 2013

A New Lamp

Ch...Ch...Ch....Ch...Changes
Today, I'm showing off three things....
1. the new lamp I recently was sent by Lamps.com

2. a glimpse at my new wall color in the living room

3. the mercury glass pumpkins I picked up at Big Lots way before Halloween

The pumpkins were suppose to be in my decor this Halloween...but of course the 
painting of the living room prevented that from happening so I am only now enjoying them.
So first the lamp....

Lamps.com contacted me a couple of months ago asking if I'd like
to review one of their lamps. They kindly let me pick which one I wanted.
The color is scrumptious. 
I could just imagine it surrounded by seashells and summer time trinkets.
But it's fall now...and it's awfully good surrounded by mercury glass pumpkins too!
Lamps.com has such a huge assortment of great lamps.
It was very hard for me to choose just one.
They offer free shipping which is super important to me.
It came super fast and was packed very well.
I'll definitely order from them again.
I'm so glad I chose this lamp....but here are other lamps from Lamps.com I fell in love with.
Of course I loved this one, that is no surprise.
I'd love to try a pair of these on my sideboard.

So, I went with the HGTV green glass lamp because it reminded me of sea glass.
I'd gotten it thinking it would be going in my bedroom.
But now that its in the living room. 
I'm really loving it here, especially since I painted the walls.
I do love the modern vibe this lamps provides in this corner.
The room needed that.
Of course the gourd shape of it mimics the pumpkins surrounding it.
So about the wall color...it's Sherwin Williams Shoji White.
I love it. It changes color throughout the day.
Sometimes it looks bright white and sometimes it looks ecru...to beige....to greige.
It's a wonderful white. 
I'm so glad I chose it.
The rest of the room is still a mess. I'll show more of it soon.
Here's a few more shots of the pumpkins.
Oh...I set the lamp up on a few books to make it taller.
I often do this with my lamps. 
It just needed a little boost. 
The shade is kind of burlap like with little sparkly flecks in it. Very nice.

Here's what that area of the room looked like before.
What a difference new wall color and a new lamp make!
I thought I loved that lamp above but now it just seems too tall and fussy.
And the wall color...oh how I loved it at one time too.
But isn't this WAY better?
Thanks Lamps.com...that lamp just changed everything!

sharing at


27 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

I so agree, it is totally amazing what a lamp can do to change out a table and vignette. I love your new lamp, it is perfect. Great choice and the vignette is wonderful too. Hugs, Marty

Jan said...

Nice vignette and love the new lamp too!

sharon said...

Hi Nita,
You've made quite a transformation in your room! From girly & sweet, to very sophisticated. You must be so pleased! Lamps really set the tone in a room, don't they? And you've chosen a beautiful one. I'm going to check out lamps.com and see if I find the right one for my room, too. Thanks for sharing your photos. It's always a treat to see what you're doing!

Karen said...

Wow that is a gorgeous lamp. I have a thing for lamps. I'm going to check out that site. This could mean trouble lol.

Stacey said...

That corner is so pretty and the new lamp is perfect. I like that it is a larger size. Looks great!

Shannon Fox said...

It's so pretty and I love the updated feel. Hard choice, those are some cute lamps!!

Kit said...

Yes, it truly looks great! I myself love to find lamps and am quite addicted to having many around my house. :) Kit

S said...

It's really cute and has a touch of elegance. It updates the look of the table. I just got a new lamp myself and went from a Craftsman style I loved by didn't fit my need to read (too dark of a faux mica shade). I got a horse themed lamp which fit my equestrian meets Poirot decor I am aiming for. It has a herringbone shade. I got it at a thrift shop for under $16 and found out a pair sells for between $199 and $279!!! Such a deal...congrats! It looks great:)

Sharon Rexroad's Bringing Creativity 2 Life said...

Your lamp is such a lady! Love it and look forward to more reveals of the room.

Unknown said...

Great choice on both the lamp and wall color.

Amy Chalmers said...

Nita! I cannot wait to see the whole room with the new wall color. It really looks wonderful. I used to have yellow walls forever, and what a lift it was going greige. Yours is lighter than mine, but it gives you such flexibility and everything looks great with it. Nice lamp~it is less fussy but still beautiful and peaceful looking. xo

Cindy said...

OHHH, your wall colour is just lovely and the lamp shows it off so nicely and the wall colour shows off the lamp very prettily too!
The pumpkins are very sweet, I love the shiny one!

Curtains in My Tree said...

How nice of a business to offer you a free lamp.
I like your choice and the vignette is very pretty of course

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

I love everything: the new wall colour, the mercury glass pumkins and the lamp. I'm really fond of the colour of the glass and I can really see it surrounded with shells next summer!

Adam Hazlett said...

Nita, that color is perfect! Your lamp looks great too! Can't wait to see more!
Oh, I like that middle lamp too, and the last one, I want that one! Congrats on the mercury glass pumpkins! This was the year after all, they look perfect!

Unknown said...

Yes! That lamp is perfect! You needed something like that. Love those pumpkins. I always forget to stop in Big Lots. Heather got the cutest big glittered reindeer last week. She bought the last two! Your living room color is wonderful. The living room may be next on my paint list. I'll check out that paint color. It sounds like what I am looking for. Have a wonderful weekend!

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

It's looking good, Nita! I can't wait to see the rest! I'm making no progress on mine this week. We were gone for 2 days and company's coming this weekend, so the paint brushes have been put away for now. I hope you find the time to work on yours this weekend. I love the lamp!

Jeannie Marie said...

I love a nice table lamp! Gorgeous (I love the trick of setting it on a book to give it extra height!)

An Urban Cottage said...

LOVE the wall color, Nita. Great choice! Great lamp, too. And the mercury glass pieces pair perfectly with it.

Cindi Myers said...

Well you KNOW that I love your walls!
The new lamp is great and you are right, it gives it all a very modern look.
LOVE it!
Can't wait to see the rest of the room.

Stacy said...

This is a beautiful lamp. I also love, love, love your wienie dogs.

Miss Stacy Blaise
www.stacyblaise.wordpress.com

Pam @ Frippery said...

The wall color is gorgeous and the lamp is a perfect choice.

Andrea at Opulent Cottage said...

Wowza :) Can't wait to see the whole room! Might need to splurge on a new lamp myself!
xoxo

michele said...

such a charming lamp!

if you have a moment, hope you'll stop by and check out my giveaway.

http://hellolovelyinc.blogspot.com/2013/11/new-art-giveaway.html

happy tuesday!

michele

JoAnne said...

Those are all very pretty lamps. Such a pretty tablescape, too. I love your wood terrarium ~ very cute!

Pamela said...

Everything looks beautiful Anita!

Erin said...

love the new wall color!!