home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Saturday, November 16, 2013

Thanksgiving Favorites

For the Thanksgiving Table
So many pretty things available in the stores this year to create a Thanksgiving table.
I'm in love with these turkey plates from Williams Sonoma.
each plate with a different turkey
Williams Sonoma also has this turkey tablecloth.
Look at the cute acorn salt and pepper!
A big wonderful turkey platter from Pottery Barn
matching salad plates
I'm crazy for this silver dome. It would be so pretty on the Thanksgiving buffet!
I DO covet this silverware also from Pottery Barn
Friends and Family silver napkin rings would be the perfect finishing touch.
 Oh...how I love these cheese markers also from PB.
I think this white turkey from Kirklands would be the grandest of centerpieces.
I thought I would buy these napkins for sure from Pier 1.
They are burlap like with velvet trim but I think I am going in a different direction.
scrumptious
and both are on sale.

I think hot chocolate would be extra good out of this little foxy mug after dinner...
way after dinner...
like after the walk that comes after dinner.

Alas, I won't be buying any of these things for my Thanksgiving table.
instead I'm making a few things I'll show next week.

16 comments:

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Gorgeous Thanksgiving accessories! I won't be hosting Thanksgiving this year, but there's always next year!

FABBY'S LIVING said...

I'm drooling over everything here dear Nita! The turkey dishes, the flatware (covet!) the tablecloth is to die for! Thanks for sharing.
Hugs,
FABBY

Debra@CommonGround said...

I always love Turkey dishes and platters, Love WS new take on the classics!

Tanya Rachelle said...

Cute post! Love the Foxy mug! Adorable.
~Tanya

Bring Pretty Back said...

Lovin' the Williams Sonoma Things!!
Have a pretty day Nita!
Kristin

Ginger said...

I LOVE THE TURKEY PLATES TOO BUT I ALSO LOVED MY MISMATCHED TURKEY PLATES BOUGHT FROM EBAY OVER A COUPLE YEARS. EACH ONE IS DIFFERENT AND MY GRANDCHILDREN ALL HAVE THEIR FAVORITES. COLLECTING THEM ONE AT A TIME WAS FUN AND DIDN'T BREAK THE BANK.

Ricki Treleaven said...

I like all the Thanksgiving lovelies, too, Nita. I actually bought the green velvet trimmed runner from Pier 1 for Christmas, and I used it for Halloween for the Haunted Halloween Tea Party.

That little pitcher is so incredibly cute. Where did you find it?

xo,
RJ

Cindi Myers said...

OMG! I'm still laughing at myself.
I thought those cheese markers were name place setting markers at first! Ha! I was startled to see someone named "Stinky"! LOL!
oh god, I AM losing it.
anyway, LOVE it all but especially that silver dome and that cute little fox. Foxes are such the rage, I do think they have replace the owl!
I have no idea what I'm doing for Thanksgiving. Probably go to my sisters or maybe just pizza at home since I might have to work in the morning.
Still this post makes for a beautiful dream.

Adam Hazlett said...

The turkey dishes from Pottery Barn have shiny gold acents in the turkey feathers...I've almost got Sam convinced we need to get those! Love that fox mug.

Brenda Pruitt said...

Now that I think about it, I haven't had turkey on Thanksgiving for quite a few years. When I was married, he always worked on holidays, so it was just me. Now it seems customary. Maybe I will eat pasta!
Brenda

Custom Comforts said...

I just came from the Pottery Barn outlet and saw those turkey plates and platter. Very pretty indeed. I didn't buy anything for Thanksgiving, but instead focused on a few Christmas items.
Cindy

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

I love the cheese markers! I might use the idea sometime and not buy the real one which I guess are expensive!

Anonymous said...

Love the turkey dishes and that silver dome...my heart beats a little faster when I look at it!

Dewena said...

They're all beautiful. I'd take them as a gift for sure. Otherwise, I hear the cash register ringing (not that cash registers ring anymore!).

Maybe they'll all go on sale after Thanksgiving!

Andrea at Opulent Cottage said...

I want every single thing you just showed!! Those plates are just so gorgeous. I bought a huge turkey tureen at Target years ago and have never regretted it! Well and because it was only $10, something like 80% off. This year Abby's BF is coming down from OU and we are going to do (get ready to be horrified) a Duck Dynasty theme, haha! Isn't that awful? It's both of the guys' favorite show so I thought why not. We are dressing the part and everything. Gosh I hope someone doesn't read this and come on over to lock me up :) Will thoroughly enjoy seeing your beautiful and classy Thanksgiving though, so I don't completely lose all modicum of holiday properness :)

Curtains in My Tree said...

Those are all gorgeous things for Thanksgiving
anything from William Sonoma is fabulous