home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

American Horror Story: Coven

Miss Robichaux's Academy
 for Exceptional Young Ladies
Official photos from the set of American Horror Story.
My friend, Valorie aka The Visual Vamp wrote me yesterday and sent me a link
to this story about the sets from American Horror Story: Coven.

read the entire article at 

She knew I was all about this house cause I shared it a couple of weeks ago in a post, here.
I've been wanting to see the bathroom and here it is!
I knew many of you would want to see also.
Shots of the double staircase
The house is all monochromatic, mostly whites but with accents of dark wood.
The set designers wanted a very New Orleans feel but in a modern color scheme.
The only thing I don't like in this decor are the window treatments.
But I think they might be the only thing that keeps the house looking old.
If the drapes were of a chic modern more simple style...this house would look more like 
the Restoration Hardware Showroom than a New Orleans Mansion.
gallery of witches.

Read the article here.

Are you still watching?
They fought off zombies last week.
Witches are dying and coming back to life right and left.
And Jessica Lange is just chewing up the scenery.

If you aren't reading MFAMB you should. 
Jenny gives a recap of each episode that is super hilarious. 


7 comments:

Thehouseofhampton said...

Hi Nita,
I couldn't agree with more on those drapes. Love the house. I'm jumping over to read her recap!
Have a great week.
Sharon
@novaraway

The Visual Vamp said...

Makes me want to go into the white!
I'll be watching tonight. xo xo

the gardener's cottage said...

oh nita i am so in love with this. somedays i wish i lived in a big old mansion like this one. so so gorgeous.

Ricki Treleaven said...

We are watching it….my husband grew-up in Uptown, NO and he recognizes some of the homes, like the house belonging to the Christian is a house on Napoleon. It's so much fun watching for us!

Oh, and I read that Stevie Nicks is going to be on there….I hope I didn't miss that episode yet!

I love that bath.

xo,
RJ

An Urban Cottage said...

I'm watching the series for the first time and I'm really loving it. It's scary, funny, campy, smart all rolled up into one show.

I started watching after getting an e-mail from an old friend saying her house (which is in the Lower 9th Ward) was being used as Kyle's house in episodes 3 and 4. Her house was damaged during Katrina and it took her years to get it repaired. The crew came in repainted "flood lines" on the walls. She was also excited because she got to see Kyle naked when they were filming a scene that was apparently cut out.

I really love the mansion too and I'm disappointed to know it's a set. I was hoping it was a real house in New Orleans. I don't mind the overly ornate Victorian light fixtures but I agree with you about the drapes. Even if they just took of the swags, it would be a huge improvement.

Tanna said...

Ahhhh... it is a beauty. Nita, thanks so much for your encouraging words!! {hugs} tanna

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

Thanks for the link. I still haven't had time to watch the show, but I'm already in love with the house... Mmm, the bathroom!!!