home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Mod Mix Monday #56

Cool Blue
We've begun our days of temperatures over 100 degrees.
It is suppose to get up to 102 today as it was yesterday.
This kind of heat just really takes it out of you.
90 degrees...you still feel like doing something but 100 or more...nope.
So anyway...I chose this beautiful blue room today for Mod Mis Monday to make myself feel cooler.
Very modern furnishings in a classic room.
I love that blue on the walls mixed with blue furniture and periwinkle accessories. 
Area rug is gorgeous too.

Time for last week's picks from Mod Mix Monday.
Join along with us this week.
The Scribbler of Scribbler Unfocused painted this vanity aqua 
and made it extra special by the way she styled it.
Cindi of Old Black Cat Boo found this awesome mid century cabinet 
for a bargain price at a local antique shop. I adore how it's painted white
and then the wood tone left on the outside.
Cindi also found this coffee table at a thrift store for less than $7.
It's great but I'm really sharing because her dog Blue is in the background.
She says that is his usual spot. 
Check it all out at Old Black Cat Boo.
Cindi is a good friend of mine that I met through blogging.
Susan of Ash Tree Cottage painted an old picnic basket she had lying around.
It's so pretty in this shot with her new Romantic Homes mag and annuals for the garden.
Liz at Image Remix made her whole living room over in soothing beach colors.
Here goal was to lighten things up and she sure did.
I especially like this view from her dining room into the living room.
The twinkle lights mixed with pretty glass on the table really looks magical.

Here we go again...this year is just flying by.
Since this is Mod Mix Monday #56, I realized I've been doing this party for over a year.
It's definitely a highlight of my week.


Please link up your Mod Vintage Mix's below.
Remember anything old made over to be new...anything new changed up to look old.
New and old together...
Please include the Mod Mix Monday logo and back link to me.
Use a permalink to your post, for sure.

If you link up..I'd appreciate it, if you'd follow me.




9 comments:

Cindi Myers said...

I just got home from a 12hr work day and felt pretty tired but this just WOKE me UP!
What a great surprise!
Thanks for featuring my cabinet and coffee table! (and my Blue)
XOXO - Cindi

melissa @ daisymaebelle.com said...

Nita, thanks for hosting this great party! I made a mistake. . . I linked my same dining room hutch that I linked last week. Please feel free to delete it! I would if I could! I am not one to "double link!" Hope you had a great weekend!

Liz @ Quirky Vistas said...

How fun to come and see my aqua room redo get featured at Mod Mix Monday. Thanks so very much! I appreciate you taking the time to check out my post and provide such encouraging thoughts about the outcome!
Liz

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Thanks so much for hosting!!

Hugs,
Debbie

Amy Chalmers said...

Congrats on a year of party hosting Nita!! Well done and what a success! Stay cool and I hope your summer is not as brutal as last year~

Scribbler said...

Thanks so much for featuring me from last week's party! I am really enjoying that little piece in my bedroom, although it may wind up in the bath if I ever get that renovated.

As always, thanks for the party.

BTW, I was reviewing all the photos you linked me up with on storybook Tudor styles. We are getting ready to start on some reno projects pretty soon. I am going to have to see what I can slide past the ARB. These photos are such a great source of inspiration.

Andrea at Opulent Cottage said...

One year of a great party, congratulations! It's one of my faves. Hot here too, 104 right now. Drive down and go for a swim with us, the pool's still 84! It's saving us this year. Thanks for hosting Nita, and stay cool :))
xo, Andrea

Unknown said...

I love blue. I ALMOST have to restrain myself from using it more and more. Congrats. on your one year party anniversary. Heck, I can't even seem to commit to blogging every week!

Unknown said...

I love blue. I ALMOST have to restrain myself from using it more and more. Congrats. on your one year party anniversary. Heck, I can't even seem to commit to blogging every week!