home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Monday, June 18, 2012

Mod Mix Monday #55

Color
I'm not much for orange but this antique sofa redone in orange fabric is really joyful, isn't it?
Paired with turquoise it really makes for a happy room.
I never in a million years would hang those little frames above a sofa but somehow in this 
setting, they work.

Did you check out all my links from last week's Mod Mix Monday?
There were some great ones. Here are my favorites.
Lorrie at Finding Secret Treasure painted a bunch of junk the color aqua and added it to her garden.
Isn't it pretty? 
Denise of Pink Postcard made slipcovers for her dining room chairs.
I love that chandelier and she has cute little chinese paper lanterns in the room too.
Everything Courtney does at French Country Cottage is super gorgeous.
She added some more white platters to her wall in this vignette plus peonies
and you have magazine worthy photos as usual.
Daisy Mae Bell took a very blah sofa table...added a little 
Annie Sloan Chalk Paint and suddenly she had a gorgeous antique looking piece. 
Suesan aka Frou Fru Gal created this unusual planter using a tandem bike painted white and 
added a couple of wire planters. 
She has big plans for the doors behind it which I can't wait to see.

On to this week....

Please link up your Mod Vintage Mix's below.
Remember anything old made over to be new...anything new changed up to look old.
New and old together...
Please include the Mod Mix Monday logo and back link to me.

If you link up..I'd appreciate it, if you'd follow me.

22 comments:

allisamazing said...

What great features from last week! Thanks for hosting.

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Thanks so much for hosting!

Great features this week!

Hugs,
Debbie

Laura Everyday Edits said...

Thanks Nita for hosting this party! I just added some quick distressing ideas. laura@imnotatrophywife.com

melissa @ daisymaebelle.com said...

Thanks for featuring my sofa table! I am back linking up again this week! Hope you had a great weekend!

Susan Freeman said...

Fun features Nita! Thanks for the party.

Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

Jennifer @ Town and Country Living said...

I like that first photo. I wouldn't have an orange sofa but it looks cute. Thanks for hosting, Nita.

Eclectically Vintage said...

I love color - and that tandem white bike is pretty amazing too!
Kelly

Janel from NellieBellie said...

Thanks for hosting...love those features!!!

Sonya@Beyond the Screen Door said...

Hi, Nita. Happy to be partying with you! Thank you!

Scribbler said...

All this week's features are outstanding. It is always fun to see something that is such a kick as that gilded orange sofa sitting next to a turquoise table. Quite an eye-opener!

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Beautiful features, specially the decoration ones..I'll be visiting them too. Thank you for hosting and having me.
FABBY

Alicia@ eco friendly homemaking said...

These are all so nice but I think my favorite is the garden one! I love it!!

Brenda Pruitt said...

These are great pickins! I'm getting closer to liking that bright orange all the time!
Brenda

Liz @ Quirky Vistas said...

Beautiful choices and much to inspire us by. Thank you for putting so much into the link party. I'm grateful for your time!
Liz

Cindi Myers said...

Whoa, I LOVED that first photo!
If I wasn't so into White and Black I think I would want everything to be bright happy colors! I guess I need several houses so that I can decorate each one differently...I better go buy a lottery ticket! LOL!

I got a coffee table last week so I will try to actually do a post so that I can link up this week.
Thanks for always doing this.
I love seeing what others come up with!

Noble Vintage said...

thanks for featuring my project Nita! :) so fun. I love that photo you showed with all the color. I wish I could pull that off. It's fabulous.

Athena at Minerva's Garden said...

Thank you so much, Nita, for hosting the link party today! I love the featured posts--so beautiful. Looking forward to checking out this week's links. Hope the weenies are doing well!

Ricki Treleaven said...

Nita, I really love the orange sofa in the room, and I am not an orange lover, either!!!

SUPER FANTASTIC features from last week!!!

xo,
RJ

Mr. Bill said...

Glad that I found your contributions!! Thanks for sharing.

Kahli said...

Thanks for hosting love the features.

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Thanks so much for featuring my kitchen breakfast area Nita!! :)

must love junk said...

Hi! I'm so glad you found me! I'm now following you and just linked up. Thanks for your kind comments :)
Susan