home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Chinese Lanterns

All a Glow
I happened upon this image on Pinterest and it got me thinking
again of chinese lanterns in the garden.
just magical
pastel delights
charming in every way
What a lovely tea party.

I'm busy creating a craft project that will be incorporated into my 
summer fireplace mantel in the living room.
I hope to have it ready to show on Friday.
Pier 1 currently has lots of paper lanterns that would be 
perfect for copying this look.
And...
Just to let you know....candle lanterns are on sale at Pier 1
at 20% off.
I have my eye on several though...they probably won't be coming 
home with me due to lack of funds. 

These are the ones I want
Two big ones and two small ones to go on either side 
of my front porch steps. 

The big one is $30 and the little one $15 plus 20% off.
A very good deal. 
Alas, I can't afford that even with my added discount.

But I thought I'd let you know in case you're in the market for lanterns. 
There are many different styles on sale.

7 comments:

Sharon Rexroad's Bringing Creativity 2 Life said...

My fav is the "charming in every way" -- partially 'cause I love the pic, and partially 'cause the phrase describes you! And I certainly empathize with you regarding lanterns and paychecks...we've got some cute ones at Paper Source too and sigh....

Shannon Fox said...

Same boat ;) No new goodies here either. Must save. No spending. But, we can be creative and have a great Summer anyway right! =)

Anonymous said...

Yay, I love lanterns too and those ones in the last photo are just gorgeous!

Tanna said...

I LOVE all the lanterns in this post!!! Such wonderful spaces they help create!!

Amy Chalmers said...

I haven't used paper lanterns before but I think they are sooo pretty and festive and add that bohemian touch~great examples!

Patty said...

The beauty of these pics is jaw dropping....love how the bamboo was used too. Thanks Nita for a great post. xoxo

Bliss said...

I picked up some things at garage sales today that I hope will light up my patio world in a lantern sort of way.

~Bliss~