home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Special Edition of Open House Sunday

I had a special house to show you today....my neighbor across the street.
But the wedding reception went well past midnight and today I am feeling like those 
guys in the photo above.
I'm now on my way to work so that special house will have to wait till next Sunday.
Me and free margaritas do not mix well.
I love them and they do not love me.
I probably look more like this...
No...I don't look that good even.
No nightgown....I have on sweats.

The party was very nice and we had lots of fun.
I took photos but it was dark so I hope they turned out.
I'll share this week if they are at all see-able.

Paper lanterns everywhere!
A pool and beautiful landscaping.
Lots of dogs including five border collies.
I love border collies and they were all so well behaved.

And there were cows. I love cows.
First thing I saw when I walked into the backyard were house lamps in the bushes!
House lamps with red shades.
I cannot tell you how great this looked...ordinary lamps peaking out of ivy and flowers.

It was charming.

I'll be back tonight with Mod Mix Monday.

13 comments:

Brenda Pruitt said...

That sounds pretty. Lamps peeking out of flowers.
Brenda

Fran said...

Oh dear, I hope you feel better soon, lots and lots of water needed! x

Sharon Rexroad's Bringing Creativity 2 Life said...

I would laugh if I too hadn't felt like the gal in the 2nd pic on occasion... Glad you enjoyed yourself at the wedding

Olive said...

"...and there were cows.." love that and the lamps. I hope the pics come out. I just read about the storm and your car. I always felt strange about growing up in the shadow of a nuclear reactor but one reason it was built there was because of our excellent weather.

Jojo said...

Can't wait to see pictures. Lamps in the ivy...sounds like the title of a mystery book!

Cindi Myers said...

I'm so glad you had fun!
Dogs and Margarita's!
Sounds perfect. :)
I hope those pictures turn out!

Lisa said...

Oh my, I can't wait to see!
XO,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Haha sounds like you had a good time. Sometimes we have just let our hair down.
I read your comment on Clara's blog. That really gave me a good laugh. I can just see stuffing thrown all over the floor. Let's just say I have a little barrel of energy too that goes by the name Coco.
Best,
Kathy

Amy Chalmers said...

oh sorry nita but this is so funny! I know you don't drink hardly ever~I can just picture you waltzing through the garden of ivy and lamps and pink lanterns with margaritas in hand having a ball! And then the glass coach turned into a pumpkin and the big headache arrived...YUCK! But it is a cute and funny post!

Sixty-Fifth Avenue said...

More than one margarita and I'm in trouble too. I hope your pictures turn out, the party sounds very pretty.

Ricki Treleaven said...

LOL i thought..what the heck??? Really??? Nita is doing a post on the crappy Bangkok hotel from The Hangover 2....has she lost her mind???? ;P

I hope you are feeling better, hon.

xo,
RJ

the gardener's cottage said...

that sounds like a wonderful party. i hope the pics come out. i gotta see the lamps in the hedges. also, so glad you escaped that storm. omg, so scary! xo janet

Vickie H. said...

Oh my! feel better! Can't wait to see the pics: am intrigued by those lamps with red shades in the bushes!!