home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Open House Sunday III

A Neighbor's Home is for Sale
(built 1928)
I showed this house last fall after it was chosen as Edgemere Park Yard of the Month.
Now this fantastic house is for sale.
The owners have a new baby and need a larger home.
I love this huge patio at the front door.
This home has truly gone through a transformation since these owners have lived here.
You can see how it appeared only a few years ago in my original post, here.
These are the photos from the current listing. 
To see my original photos of the inside of the home and the outside - 
go here (outside) and here (inside)
Just inside the front door.
fantastic barrel ceiling in the living room
lovely dining room - love those windows
wonderful kitchen. The only thing I don't like is the black sink.
master bedroom
master bath
new baby's room
other baby's room
You really should see the rest of this room in my past post. It's so pretty.
second bath
hallway with staircase down to finished basement
basement
This basement is so nice...you'd never think it's a basement.
back patio
My photos are clearer if you wish to see more but I didn't get shots of the basement and dining room.
See here.

17 comments:

Amy Chalmers said...

I think this house is decorated so prettily. I love all their chandys! The kitchen looks great too, and reminds me of how mine could look if I could rip out a wall between the dining room and kitchen.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Nita dearest, I swear, this looks likes so many of the homes, mine included, that are here in Minneapolis. The charm and craftsmanship of these abodes is an inspiration in itself and kudos to you for having an EYE FOR SUCH SPLENDOR! I love my home....the arched passages and nooks make me feel like I live in a faerytale...big hugs dearest. OH! HOW IS YOUR COUSIN SINCE THAT accident? Anita

Debra@CommonGround said...

wow, what a fabulous home!!!

Angela said...

Everything is decorated so perfectly and beautifully. What I like is that it's sophisticated, yet warm and balanced. Thanks for sharing!

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Wow! This is gorgeous! It looks like a big house to me! Oh well, I guess they know what they need better! Thanks for sharing this, loved taking a look.
Hugs
FABBY

The enchanted home said...

Beautiful hone...love the front patio, and the dining room is my favorite room but the baby rooms are both darling too. Overall it seems to have a nice flow and is very elegant and beautifully done!

Brenda Pruitt said...

Looks like a much-loved home and the new owners will be lucky to get it.
Brenda

Anonymous said...

Oh, this is a lovely home and it is decorated just gorgeously! Love the kitchen!
Be a sweetie,
shelia ;)

the gardener's cottage said...

wow nita, i love everythng about this home. love, love the bathrooms. love all the decor thanks for sharing.

xo

Robin@DecoratingTennisGirl said...

Nita,
I love these open houses your take us to!!! Keep them coming. As always, I am drooling!
xoxo

Kim@Chattafabulous said...

You have some stylish neighbors. This is my favorite so far!!!

Cindy said...

Hi Nita,
What a great house! Everything about speaks of charm and culture. I could really live in a house like that!
Hugs, Cindy

Pam Kessler said...

Beautiful home. The baby rooms are amazing.

KC Sheperd said...

what a pretty house!

Kathy said...

Wow what fabulous pictures and I'm blown away with your outside garden shots...that wisteria...sigh!

D.B. said...

LOVE this house. Read your comment about wanting a vintage pink tile bathroom. My Grandmother's house, in Davidson, OK built in the early 20's had pink tile in the only bath in the house. To set it off, she chose black wallpaper adorned with white poodles in front of vanity tables, carrying purses, shopping etc. I wonder if they made is with weenie dogs???????

Linda Hartong said...

I see it is already off the market. Snapped up?