home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Antique Shopping

Verdigris
The other day I was out and about searching for neat stuff. My plan was to hit the thrift stores.
Wow! What a waste of time. I saw nothing but junk. 
And I'm good at seeing the possibilities in things...there were no possibilities.
But in my excursion out...I came across a new antique store -
Verdigris
It's located at 10th and Classen in OKC.
Nice chandeliers hang from a tin ceiling.
I have no idea what this is in this bird bath but it's cool.
Love this bottle still in its crate.
This is an interesting mix of stuff.
I really loved this. 
I thought this was an interesting idea to hang old books on the wall with wire. 
I'll be filing this idea away.
Interesting layers
Nice little painting.
This fixture is meant to hang from the ceiling but I think it looks pretty great hung 
on the wall like this. Don't you?

My linky party is still going on...

Just click on the Mod Mix button to go there now.
I'll be featuring my favorites next week.

16 comments:

Ricki Treleaven said...

LOL Nita! You are *so* feeding your chandelier addiction! This looks like a fantastic store. I would love to shop there! I actually *do* like the ceiling fixture hung on the wall. It would look good in a dining rooms as a sconce...flanking and antique armoire....like in my dining room...*giggles*...

Beach House Living said...

Definitely a place to linger in.

driftwoodesign said...

Great photos, loved seeing the beautiful chandeliers. The wall books are definetly a new and interesting twist. Thanks for sharing.
Kristy @ 4 the love of WOOD

Chris at Red Gate Farm said...

What a fun place! Thanks for sharing it with "us". I LOVE that mirrored table and the books hung with wire... very interesting.

~Chris

Amy Chalmers said...

I love chandeliers, and can never look at enough old ones. I loved the simple bamboo style, could see that in a tiny breakfast nook. But my true love is all the gold chandys dripping in crystals. The table top variety would look great on my piano!!

Marie said...

Love the book on the wall idea too Nita! Looks like a fun shop to check out.
-Marie

Belinda said...

Oh, I see a lunch trip to Verdigris in my near future!!!

Have you been to the architectural salvage place near downtown? It's fun to peruse too!

Unknown said...

Love this store. I can not wait to drop in and shop at it. Thanks for sharing... I am in love with the distress table! Wanda

Tammy@Beatrice Banks said...

What a fantastic little shop! Looks fun. I'm with you on the thrifting. Seems harder and harder to find something even with possibilities lately.

The enchanted home said...

Wow I could go on an all day field trip there and spend the entire day there!! How fun, the lighting is gorgeous...that yellow lantern is soo pretty and different. Love it!

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Beautiful shop...lots of eye candy and ideas...a wonderful spot to wile away a few hours!

Pamela said...

Fantastic store!
Love those chandeliers!!!

Kathy said...

Love all that *stuff* wow, great place, I hooked up to your party too, hope I'm not too late!

KTbee said...

you have no idea how great the timing of this post is! I'm moving to Oklahoma City from Tulsa next Thursday! i squeeled with delight when i read this. can't wait to check it out. thank you! =)

Cindi Myers said...

very VERY cool store.
I especially like the mirrored table and the table which you also showed in the previous post with the metal legs...that one would fit in my home nicely!
:D - Cindi

kayce hughes said...

Love the book on the wall thing!