home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Thursday, May 26, 2011

MVL Book Club #2

Romantic Prairie Style
I almost let the month of May get past me without a Book Club selection.
I actually won my copy of Fifi O'Neill's Romantic Prairie Style.
(it's autographed and everything)
This book is full of gorgeous images.
I love those layered mirrors.
A few of the homes we've seen here on the blogs.
But you haven't seen them like this...
They've all been photographed stunningly.
Showcasing every little detail.
In her forward for the book Fifi says:
"This is much more than a decorating book - it's a way of life. 
One that reconnects us with what truly matters; family, home, and the earth.
Honest materials, artisanal goods, and time-honored objects are once again valued
and create homes, not just shelters."
Don't let the name of this book fool you. 
It's not just for those living in little houses on the prairie
but for all of us that wish to bring time worn and loved surfaces into our homes.
All of these rooms would look just as good in a little house in the city.
Tell me...have you picked up a copy of Fifi's book?
Has it inspired you? 
My copy is going on the shelf next to my favorite design books.

This is a book to be savored. 
One to be looked through over and over again and I will....I have.

11 comments:

Tammy@Beatrice Banks said...

Gorgeous images. I haven't picked up a copy of the book yet but it looks divine.

Amy Chalmers said...

Hi Nita! Yes I have my copy, I ordered it last year and got it when it came out. I love the pics you pulled out of it to highlight.

Screaming Meme said...

I need to get one...I love her!!! Great photos you choose to share!

Sunny Simple Life said...

I haven't got to see this book yet and drool over it. I really must get a copy.

The enchanted home said...

I am going to go to Amazon now and get this book, your images convinced me I must add this gorgeous book to my collection....wow had no idea it was this beautiful!!

La Vie Quotidienne said...

This is definately on my list of books to buy...it looks absolutely scrumptous!

BluBabesCreate said...

Just beautiful!

Cindy said...

I haven't picked up a copy yet, either. I want one so badly, I have entered many giveaways for one and have not won one yet. Maybe it's time to give up and buy one.:D
I had not seen the photos that you displayed today, yet, it makes me want it even worse than before.
Hugs, Cindy

Cindi Myers said...

I agree with the others....
I HAVE to get a copy NOW!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh everything about these images speaks to me, especially that first one with all the gray and gold...magnificent! Anita

Ricki Treleaven said...

I do not have a copy of Fifi's book yet, Nita. I have been so busy, but it is on my list of books to read this summer. Thanks for the review, and I will check it out in a week or so.

{There goes the rest of my B&N gift card....} *bye-bye*