home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Open House Sunday

In Dallas
This 1926 beauty was redone in 2010 and now is up for sale.
I love the details of the outside of this home...the front terrace with the large pots of flowers is wonderful.
The iron encircled upper balcony is lovely off the bedroom too.
This house appears to be staged. 
It's very tasteful and totally open for buyers to envision their own lives in this home.
I would guess this is the only original fireplace in the home.
It appears to be art tile dating back to 1926.
A lovely little nook.
That is one massive flower arrangement!
I really like the kitchen. Beautiful cabinets, appliances and light fixtures.
Gorgeous bathroom although its more modern than I'd want in this home.
I really love that bed and the architectural detail around the window.
Love the black bed with mercury glass lamps.
Very nice back patio. Notice the lanterns in the outdoor fireplace?
That's a good idea. I'd want to live on this patio.

See the full listing here.

I hope you are having a very nice Sunday.
See you later for Mod Mix Monday.

12 comments:

Susie said...

Nita, That house makes me wish I had hit that big lottery. It is so beautiful. Thanks for showing all of us. Smiles, Susie

Linda said...

Thant house is gorgeous!! I'll take it just the way it is....

An Urban Cottage said...

It's perfect...well, except for that crazy flower arrangement but I think it adds a sense of humor.

Sonia said...

What a gorgeous home....I love it...the moldings and kitchen are wonderful!
Miss Bloomers

Andrea at Opulent Cottage said...

This one is a beauty. I'm so glad to see that homes are still being renovated on Beverly Drive. It's just 1/2 mile from my house, but I had to stop driving that way because it made me sick to see how many gorgeous old homes like this were being torn down. when you come visit us in Dallas someday I'll drive you over there and you'll just swoon at the beautiful homes and landscapes! They also have the most elaborate Christmas lights, and the horse drawn carriages from Highland Park Village drive down at night to give tours. It's just beautiful. I'll try to get some photos this year and send to you.
xo, Andrea

AntiqueChase said...

gorgeous... but out the office window, is that another house so close to this one??

Lottie said...

Very elegant!

Anonymous said...


Wow!!! I am speechless. This house is a vision of loveliness. I am definitely keeping this in my filebox for the dream home.

Rooms by Ann said...

Beatiful house. I love the red and white bed.

Anonymous said...

I hate to be the only one not to like this place, but I guess I am. The lot is less than half and acre and the neighbors are so close they can read your computer screen from their windows. How is this different than a working class neighborhood, except for the tax bill and the need for household help to keep it up? Just another money pit for people who think money buys class.

Cindy said...

WOW! That is one totally gorgeous house! I would love to visit one like that.
Hugs, Cindy

Unknown said...

I am loving your open house posts!! We use to do this every Sunday...just drive around fancy neighborhoods and look for Open Homes to go check out! even though we had no interest in buying anything :) It was so fun though!
Daisy~