home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

more Mod Mix Monday

I love little putz houses.
Mom surprised me with two new ones yesterday.

Yesterday was a long day. 
Mom had an arteriogram early in the morning and I was with her all night.
She is doing fine. Now we find out when the surgery will be.

I felt light headed and nauseous by the time early evening came.
I'm sure from stress.
I thought I wasn't stressed...but I guess I was.
I thought I wasn't worrying...just taking care of business.
Wrong.

My plan was to come home and work more on my own decorating.
But that did not happen.
Did anyone watch...
Michael Bublé's Christmas special last night on NBC?

I watched it with my Mom and it took me back to the days when you'd watch
Christmas specials by Bing Crosby or Perry Como.
You can watch the whole thing on NBC.COM right now.
I'll be watching again for sure.

He performed a duet of White Christmas with Bing.
That was fun.

Tonight, I'm going to put on his Christmas album.
I picked it up at Target last year.

So there were so many great things in Mod Mix Monday...I'm showing some more of my favorites today.
Pam of Frippery decked her mantel all up in vintage goodness.
I love how that old Christmas tin takes center stage. Her wreath is fabulous too.
Catherine of Freddy and Petunia turned an old gun cabinet into a glamorous silver cabinet.
Much better holding silver....and what a collection!
Sonia aka Miss Bloomers set her whole table in this darling Christmas dinnerware.
I love the addition of black to the red and green.
Sonia sometimes pops in to see me at Pier 1.
I love it when someone I know from the blog comes in to say hello.
Peg from Garden House Studio made this pretty wreath using burlap poinsettias she created.
The Glamorous Housewife shared her Hanukkah decorations.
Love the colors of course. Her whole house is super cute.

Mod Mix Monday linky party is still going on here.

13 comments:

Shannon Fox said...

The new house is adorable!!! I love those little Qt's. I think I should start collecting them. There is always room for a little more. right?

Happy Holidays to you Nits :)))

An Urban Cottage said...

I think all gun cabinets should get that same conversion.

And how pretty are the Hanukkah decorations?

Deb said...

Little putz houses...how charming. Love it. And the tea-cups are adorable. When our moms are not well we hurt all over. Best wishes for her. Deb

Amy Chalmers said...

Well I hope your mom bounces back quickly! Of course it is stressful for you~shes your mom! So nice of her to give you some new Putz houses too...I have yet to do one xmassy thing...you might have to drive over here with the weenies and save Christmas for me too Nita!

Stacey said...

I did watch Michael Buble and he was wonderful! :)

NanaDiana said...

I am glad your Mom's procedure is over and will be praying for her upcoming one. I love that album and have been playing it for a few days now. Great features here- xo Diana

Unknown said...

You be careful and take care of yourself! That kind of sounds like high blood pressure. Anyway, I know you've had a lot of stress....sit down and have a cup of hot chocolate. And pet one of those sweet pups! Can't wait to see your decor.

Antiques And Teacups said...

Stress usually hits me after I calm down after the event. MB is a perfect relaxer. I LOVE your putz with teacups! I am going to put it on my Facebook page (with credit of course)!
Ruth

Cindi Myers said...

You are definitely stressed, but you are just being strong for your Mom. You need to take care of yourself too. I will be thinking good happy healing thoughts for her. I'm sure that the fact that's she's always been so healthy will be very helpful in her recovery from the surgery. But some positive thoughts/prayers can't hurt!
I LOVE Michael Buble. :)
and I adore tiny houses. :) :)
I love your picks! My favorite is the Hanukkah decorations, those colors are my favorite! So pretty.
Take care. XOXO - Cindi

The Glamorous Housewife said...

Wow! Thank you so much for featuring my Hanukkah decoration. I just found your blog and I am loving it so much! You really know how to make a girl feel special.

Thanks doll,
The Glamorous Housewife

Pam @ Frippery said...

Oh Nita, thanks so much for showing my mantel. I am honored.
So glad you and mom got to sit down and enjoy a little Christmas goodness together in this stress filled time. I missed the special but I will take some time to watch it tomorrow. Take care of one another. You and your mom will be in my prayers.
Hugs, Pam

vintage girl at heart said...

Good to hear that your Mom's prodedure went well. Take care of yourself and her.
Blessings~

Katarina said...

Everything is wonderful, Nita! I love the little house! :-)