home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Mod Mix Monday #80

Oh...Christmas is approaching fast, isn't it?
I love that Martha Stewart tree above.
Notice...beads make the skirt. 
Great idea.

So...
I've been spreading Christmas cheer by decorating other's places 
but not getting much done at my own house.
But that is the true meaning of Christmas, right?
Putting others first?

So, last week I mentioned that I found a purple Christmas tree in my garage.
My garage really is like going in to a dark dusty flea market.

Anyway...I found this purple tinsel tree that I never had even taken out 
of the box.
I'd orded pink and purple came.

I took it to my Aunt's house.
I held it behind my back when she answered the door.

I said, "I have something for you."

She said, "Not a dog."

I laughed...."No not a dog, a Christmas tree!"

She wasn't that thrilled and hesitantly told me I could put it up anywhere.

I did and she agreed it was different.
(Darn...I should have taken a photo with my iphone.)
Well, I will when I go back over.

We went to Target and I forced her to buy purple Christmas decorations.
All round purple bulbs and purple snowflakes.
I knew it should be monochromatic...similar to the one above.

We came home and I decorated and half way through my decorating...
she said, "Well, it really is pretty."

So I think it was a success.
I left telling her to feel free to buy a few more purple ornaments next time she was out.

I bet she doesn't, though.

But she needs to.

That's the best part...you have the tree up and you just buy things to add to it.
That is the MOST fun.
Well, MOST fun to me.

Everyone is doing gorgeous things with their Christmas stuff and they shared it here 
on last week's Mod Mix Monday.

Here are my favorites.
oh...except there were so many good things that I'm going to share favorites today
and more favorites tomorrow.
Andrea of Opulent Cottage created these amazing little Christmas wall hangings.
Aren't they pretty? What a great idea -  to hang a Christmas tree dish on the wall framed!
Sarah of Home-ology shared her front foyer. 
First, I just have to say this...I like painted wood over wood finish in general...but oh...my...that dresser is 
beyond gorgeous. Yes, I'd have that in my own house. That wood is so pretty.
It would be a crime to paint that. Second, I'm really not a fan of antlers in decor either.
But I love these put in the middle of her wreath. 
Perfection.
Kim of Made in a Day took some cheapo plastic ornaments painted
them with chalk paint....and the results were pretty fantastic.
Shabby ornaments....who doesn't like that?
Melissa of Daisy Mae Belle put together this woodsy vignette on an old dresser.
I love all of it. I have to say...I do love a woodsy Christmas.
Here's another wonderful woodsy vignette this time on the front porch
Kim of Town and Country Living decked her kitchen with adorable little 
boxwood wreaths she made. Precious...aren't they?

See everyone is doing such pretty stuff at their houses...

I'll be back with some other favorites tomorrow.

Now I am going to go in and work on MY Christmas stuff.

Share your Mod Mixes for this week below.
Remember anything old made over to be new...anything new changed up to look old.
New and old together...
Please include the Mod Mix Monday logo and back link to me.
Use a permalink to your post, for sure.

If you link up...I'd appreciate it, if you'd follow me.





16 comments:

Jennifer @ Town and Country Living said...

Hi Nita! Thanks for featuring my boxwood wreaths. I like the Martha Stewart tree. This year, I bought one of her tabletop trees in white. Thanks for hosting. Can't wait to see your other faves tomorrow.

Lady of the Woods said...

Hi Nita, I wanted to say I love your features! All inspirational. I wish I didn't 'have to' want new Xmas decor either,(your other post) but I too am working with what I have, but mostly greens and its good! I love your home and the glam bath and mirrors! so genius. I've linked up and thank you for hosting. lady

Melissa @ DaisyMaeBelle said...

Thanks so much for featuring my "woodsy" foyer Christmas decorations! I keep calling it "natural" but I love "woodsy!" Thanks for hosting! Life to the full, Melissa

Cheryl @ The Creative Me and My McG said...

Thanks for hosting - I hope you like my "tree in a trunk"

Katarina said...

Hello, Nita, I am your newest follower! :-)

vintage girl at heart said...

Love to wake up on Monday and visit you! It gets my week going looking at all of the fun posts and hearing what you did at work over the weekend!
I am looking forward to seeing your Christmas decor and your Aunt's purple tree too!
Have a great week and stay warm!

Unknown said...

Love love LOVE the features this week!! I can't pick which is the cutest!

Thanks for hosting!
Kristy @ Shona Skye Creations
http://shonaskye.blogspot.com

Andrea at Opulent Cottage said...

I'm so late to the party this week :( So glad you liked my crazy Bordallo wall art! Looking forward to more features tomorrow, I need ideas because I'm STILL not done!

Cottage and Broome said...

Nita, Thank you so much for featuring our porch at the cottage, it is really appreciated. I love the Martha tree, wonderful beaded tree skirt. And is there nothing we can't to with chalk paint, love those ornament! I'm sure your Aunt will enjoy here purple tree. Thanks for hosting again this week, Laura

Kathryn Ferguson Griffin said...

Thanks for hosting! Great features. Wishing you a pretty week. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

Marlee said...

Thank you for hosting this fabulous party! I am your newest follower.

Diane said...

So many beautiful features this week. Thanks for hosting!

Ricki Treleaven said...

Wow, you have some great features from last week in this post, Nita!

sarah said...

nita, you have such a giving heart - i know your family appreciates you so much. I am in love w/ town & country's boxwood wreaths {i'm gonna make those}! and thanks for the feature - it's always an honor ;)

Shannon Fox said...

Fab-U-Lous features :) My problem? I like EVERYTHING. Too many styles of decor to choose from. They are all so pretty. Love the gate on the dresser with the woodsy Christmas decor. Super darling!

Kitchen Remodeling Indianapolis said...

You just cannot beat the beauty of decorating with natural greens during the holiday season. I especially love the little boxwood wreathes you've shown hanging from the while cabinets. They are simply beautiful!