home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Sunday, December 30, 2012

Open House Sunday

Dallas Home
built 2007
Though this home was built in 2007, it feels like an older home.
Love those floors.
Interesting color for the walls in this room...a dusty lavender.
The perfect men's library/office.
A lovely traditional blue room.
Notice the collection of shells in the lighted bookcase.
Love those huge lamps
This is a wow of a kitchen.
I really like it when a stove is built into an alcove like this...it's very vintage in style.
Great stove hood too.
I like the mix in the cabinet colors.
Love the marble counter tops.
Small easy chairs at ends of table are nice.
Great built in desk. How about that chair cover?
Very pretty dining room. Love love love all the blue.
Hate hate hate that rug in this room.
Really like the mantel piled high with dishes.
That must be a butler's pantry through the arch.
Pretty but plain bedroom. Love the bed and bedding.
Very nice master bath. The baths have beautiful finishes....I just wish they were a little more vintage in style. Really like the color on the walls.
This is a different bathroom.
Nice stone patio...oh...I wish I had this off the back of my house.

Doesn't it feel like an old house?

See the full listing here.

Today Mom was tired but still good.
Says her pain level is at a two.
I am not sure how that could be but she swears it is.
She won't take anything but tylenol.
I keep telling her that it's ok to take some pain meds...especially now.

She says she just doesn't need it.

I picked up her dogs today and now have seven dogs in my house. 
The dog juggling begins.

14 comments:

vintage girl at heart said...

That home is so lovely. I guess that is how the other half really lives. Do you ever picture a home like this with your own items in it?
Happy to hear that your Mom is at a 2!So wonderful!
Enjoy these days even though they will be hectic with all the fur babies afoot!
I can't wait to hear more about the little orphan puppy too.
Blessings~

sheri said...

I could live there.

Your Mom is Amazing.

YOU are amazing.

Debra@CommonGround said...

so glad to hear your mom is doing so well, she sounds like a real trouper! Be sure and get your rest, Nita, and have fun with the doggy circus! xo

Cindi Myers said...

A TWO!...?!??! Wow, she is amazing!
(I'd say I'm at a 4 right now myself Hahahaha.)
I'm so happy to hear that she's doing so fantastic! :)

Now, about that house. To me it's like a big shiny diamond tiara. I can look at it and see that it's absolutely beautiful...but I would never want to wear it.
I guess I'm hopeless. All I can think about is stuff being knocked over and the stress of keeping it all "nice".
Yep, it's lovely but give me clean and simple. :)

Pondside said...

Your mother is a trouper! I hope she continue to heal at the same rate and is soon back, better than ever.
This house is lovely, and it is very much like one I seem to remember from one of those BH&G special interest magazines of a few years back.

Unknown said...

This totally feels like an older home. Love the living room.

Glad your mom is doing so well.

Traci

Anonymous said...

Glad your mom is doing so well. You must be a good nurse.

The house, though lovely, is a little too "decorator done". Those books in the library don't look collected, but purchased for show.

janzi said...

that older generation knew what real pain was and got used to doing without painkillers..I think that is possibly why she is being stoic about her pain.. however I wish her a speedy recovery, and you don't overdo it with rushing around and doing everything at a hundred miles an hour.. easily done I know! thank you for sharing that stunning house pictures, they were truly gorgeous.. Take care, thinking of you all now, and that little lost doggie.. Happy New Year to you all.. janzi

Ivy Lane said...

Keep on keepin' on!!! You're gonna get through it.. we are ALL routing for you!!! and many prayers to your Mom for a speedy recovery! 7 dogs could be much better than 7 kids running around and needing to be driven places etc... :) Chin up!!! Think positive!!! :)

Unknown said...

You must both have a high pain tolerance ; o ) So glad she is doing well. Be sure to take care of yourself too!

CeCe said...

You might be the one that needs the pain meds with so many doggies to care for while your mom recoups! I guess you will just have to trust her judgement on the meds.... We are all so very different...which is also exibited in the houses you feature for our enjoyment. Sometimes it is just amazing to see all the beautiful homes out there! Hugs to you...

Unknown said...

I agree with the comment above! Sounds like you may need the meds. :) That's a lot of pups to take care of! A beautiful house. Wish I had those hand scraped wood floors. So yummy

Catherine at Vintage Frills said...

What a beautiful home, it does have a very old feel to it despite being so new.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful home. Much too large for me to ever want.

You must be ready to crash. Have some tea and get plenty of sleep. I'm so happy to hear you mom is doing so well!!

Happy New Year.
Kathy