home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Open House Sunday

Pretty in Dallas
The listing on this home says it was redone in 2007.
I'm sure this is an older home..I just don't know how old.
I think the outside is charming with the stone, the shingles and the upper railing.
Inside...there are lots of pretty details.
Most of this home is done in light neutrals except....
There are dark patterned rugs..which in my opinion are out of place.
See...too much pattern on the floor.
I'm not a fan of this table and chairs.
Here is the kitchen. Love all the marble.
and the windows too
This is the sort of rug that should be in the other rooms too.
It does not distract from all the pretty light furniture.
I'd like to see this bed painted white.
Pea gravel back patio
I think this is a nice solution for a back patio.
Pea gravel with a few flagstones for a pathway.

See the full listing here.

9 comments:

Lottie said...

Very pretty house! Rugs are ok, but hate the pea gravel.

Cindi Myers said...

Elegant house but too formal for me. Don't care for the rugs but like the pea gravel! Hahaha!
Love the kitchen but islands are so large that it looks too crowded for me. But loved the marble.

Katherines Corner said...

thank you for the home tour. I like the galley kitchen and I agree with you about the rugs :-) Hugs

Shabby Brocante, Karen said...

Absolutely beautiful. Amazing price...not quite the same in California!
Karen

Unknown said...

I love Sunday open house! I look forward to this all week : o )

Cindy said...

Very elegant home, I love everything about the house itself.
hugs, Cindy

An Urban Cottage said...

Love the house. Hate the rugs and the one good rug is placed really badly. It's so weird. I'd take it though.

Anonymous said...

They probably had the rugs prior to the re-do; they cost too much to get rid of, so they used them again! Agreed, they don't fit. And the island is as big as my entire kitchen. Thanks for such a nice blog!

Judith

trademark tucson arizona said...

everything here in this remodeling is elegant and well designed.