home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Open House Sunday

A Buckhead Cottage in Atlanta
built 1938
Homes in Buckhead in Atlanta Georgia range from small cottages to very large mansions.
This cottage is a jewel. It's recently been redone and decorated.
The owners have great taste.
I've never seen ladder back chairs look so good.
What do you think about having a sofa in the dining room?
Works because the table is small.
Nice sunroom. I like the lanterns hanging from the ceiling.
Very pretty kitchen. It's been redone but I like it.
I like the simple lampshade on the ceiling fixture.
I also really love that they left the bathroom original.
larger deck on the back of the house
I really like how this lower patio was created in the backyard.
What a nice place to spend a Sunday afternoon.


11 comments:

vintage girl at heart said...

Love this home! I really love the colors on the walls..those windows and the fact that the bath and kitchen have not been overdone and still match the era of the house.Love the unique elements too. My best friend lives near Buckhead and always has amazing stories to tell!
Thanks for sharing!
Happy Sunday it's only going to be like 109?? :(

pam {simple details} said...

Thanks for a beautiful tour, Nita! You're right they have exquisite taste, and did a wonderful job with the decor!

Bev said...

Wow! I love that! Thanks for the inspiration. I love seeing inside places like that.

Cheery wave from
Bev

http://44thstreetfabric.blogspot.com

Andrea at Opulent Cottage said...

What a gorgeous, gorgeous home. So elegant, but livable too. In Dallas the property taxes would be double what these are, what a bargain! That beautiful wooded lot is the reason my husband would pack up and move to Atlanta in a heartbeat. By the way, the yellow house sold right away. And a young couple had an inspector at the house next door yesterday. She was cute, looked sort of high maintenance, I'm sure she was drooling over all of those closets :) And for just a few thousand more they could have had this gorgeous home (sigh)

Lottie said...

I love this house!!! Especially love the kitchen and bathrooms!

Syndi White said...

Funny that you asked the question about a sofa in the dining room. I was thinking that the table & chairs were in the living room! I love the color scheme and how they used it throughout the entire house. Beautiful.

Paulette Kinney/Paper Nosh said...

What would my Sunday be without a visit to Nita and her wonderful Sunday Open House ! I wish I could transport this house to OKC...it's everything I love...absolute perfection for my taste. Hope you are doing well my sweet! xoxo, Paulette

Cindy said...

That is really beautiful, Nita, I love it! The colours are wonderful, what could be prettier than gray and yellow? The original fixtures in the bathroom are delightful. ~Cindy

Cindi Myers said...

OMG!..........
I'm speechless.
It's perfect.

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Sherry of Design Indulgence blog shared this home, too because it is in her neighborhood and she said it sold in one day.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Cottage, does need a few redo's, no doubt. Here is a link to another listing in that area, it is mouth watering too; http://www.trulia.com/property/1056275664-121-Huntington-Rd-NE-Atlanta-GA-30309#photo-25. Thanks Nita!