home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Open House Sunday

Cottages by the Sea
I love those orange wicker chairs in this room.
Gorgeous seafaring chandelier
Bright Kitchen
pretty patterns everywhere
love this breakfast nook
Really love this wallpaper and the porthole mirror is a nice touch.

That's a very cute ocean cottage, isn't it? All bright colors mixed with ocean colors.

Or does your taste go more towards these rooms for your seaside retreat?
tranquil whites and blues
mixed with shells
All very nautical and shabby
I adore big bottles like this. You can buy a bottle just like this at Pier 1 right now.
This dining room just makes my heart skip a few beats.
I love everything about it.
Including the toile on the chairs

So of the two...which beach cottage look do you like best?

I really like both and would be happy with either but the romantic in me pushes
me a little more in favor of the second.

15 comments:

An Urban Cottage said...

Although they're both very literal, I like the first one much better. The infusion of unexpected color like orange and yellow is really nice.

Ricki Treleaven said...

I must admit that I prefer the second set of photos. Definitely my style!!! :D I would add a few pops of color with flowers, a few accessories like throw pillows, and art (of course).

Super post!

xo,
RJ

Brenda Pruitt said...

Those orange chairs really pop!
Brenda

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Everytime I come around here I simply covet and drool over all the gorgeous homes and ideas! Thanks for sharing.
FABBY

Adam Hazlett said...

Put me down for #1. I just love the whimsy. Lobster wallpaper is the best!

Liz @ Quirky Vistas said...

i love your open house Sunday. Thanks for gathering all the beautiful homes together for us. It is a little escape to sit and look at them all!
Liz

Linda said...

I like both!! Orange pops here and there and not overdone.

Unknown said...

I have to say, I enjoyed the first house. All of that color and texture!

Cindy said...

I think I like the first one best, I love the way they used colour.
Hugs, Cindy

Athena at Minerva's Garden said...

Thank you for this pretty post. I think I like the first one a little better, although both are lovely, because I like color--bright color!

Custom Comforts said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE these cottages!!! Too beautiful for words.
Cindy

melissa @ daisymaebelle.com said...

Holy Cow! Those pictures are beautiful! I am going to have to spend a little time picking out all of the details that make them so magical! Thanks for sharing!

CeCe said...

I vote for number two... no doubt about it.. Have become more loving of romantic decor as I have aged. I love seeing your open houses!

NanaDiana said...

I'm for number#2. I like to come home to a peaceful serenity. I get enough excitement and color all day- I want my home to be more restful...maybe it's my age. I just find #2...very calming- xo Diana

Kitchen Models said...

I like kitchen models the most. Thank you for sharing here ~ great photos (as always!) & Blessings xoxo