home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Monday, July 16, 2012

Mod Mix Monday #59

Isn't this a pretty room?
I'm seriously thinking about painting my living room this color.
I of course love the touches of turquoise in the room and the white sideboard.

Yes, I never tire of chippy white paint mixed with bright pastels.
I admire all white and cream rooms...but I always come back to pastels being thrown in the mix.

I had a busy day on Sunday...which included retrieving my latest Craigslist find.
This hutch...is soon to be my potting bench.
I plan on painting it and changing the hardware and making a change to the doors.
This is a very nice heavy piece of furniture.
I got it for $40. That's a bargain for sure.
Really too nice to leave outside and I debated scrapping my plan and taking it inside.
But then I'd be looking for something else to turn into a potting bench.
So I'm going to stick to my plan.

Let's take a look at my favorites from last week's Mod Mix Monday.
Daisy Mae Bell was on a roll with several projects that I loved.
First was this table set with mostly thrifted finds. 
The colors are scrumptious.
Daisy Mae Bell also created this wreath very quickly out of fresh hydrangeas from her garden.
Jen of City Farmhouse was the lucky recipient of this wonderful antique dresser for her birthday.
Debra of Common Ground decorated her living room with a collection of shells.
I love this grouping in the urn.
My local blogging buddy, Denise of Bella Dreams has been working on a kitchen redo
that includes painting her cabinets, a chalkboard and this fun island.
I love the way she painted it with chalk paint.

Denise's whole house is full of creative ideas. Be sure to check out her blog.

sharing at

Let's see what you've got this week.
Link up below...

Remember anything old made over to be new...anything new changed up to look old.
New and old together...
Please include the Mod Mix Monday logo and back link to me.
Use a permalink to your post, for sure.

If you link up..I'd appreciate it, if you'd follow me.

16 comments:

Liz @ Quirky Vistas said...

That first image you featured was really just about the encapsulation of what I would love to have my room feel like. It definitely says "Mod Vintage". Thanks for providing the party for us once again. Your time invested is well appreciated!
Liz

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Nita,
Thanks so much for hosting every week!
I love turquoise too! I grew up in a Kitchen with turquiose appliances and counter tops!!

Hugs,
Debbie

Jennifer @ Town and Country Living said...

Thanks for hosting, Nita. Love that hydrangea wreath!

allisamazing said...

Great features and I love your potting bench. Can't wait to see what you do with it to make it over. Thanks for hosting!

Karena said...

Nita the room looks so comfy and inviting! I adore the wall color!

I think you will like my new Giveaway from Royal Design Stencils..

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Unknown said...

Hi Nita,
Thank you so much for including my post:)! Great idea for the potting bench. Can't wait to see! Have a great Monday, Jen

Bliss said...

Well I for one can't wait to see the hutch to potting bench conversion.

~Bliss~

Kathryn Ferguson Griffin said...

I love your find!!! Can't wait to see what you do with it. Thanks for hosting. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

SwedishCorner ~ DownUnder...Pernilla said...

Thank you so much for hosting :)
Lovely features - turquoise is a bright and happy colour! Greetings from Australia♥ ~Pernilla

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Hi Nita!! Love your features!! I linked up my antique cupboard with the reproduction sheep artwork today~ Thanks for hosting! :)

Sandy said...

I can't wait to see what you do to
your soon to be potting bench..
What a great find and idea!
Sandy

Eclectically Vintage said...

That color is fabulous and I too love all the aqua touches! And I am dying for that hydrangea wreath!
Kelly

melissa @ daisymaebelle.com said...

Thanks so much for featuring my thrifty kitchen finds and my hydrangea wreath! Your potting bench is going to be fantastic!

Cottage and Broome said...

Looking forward to seeing you use the hutch as a potting bench! Thanks for hosting, Laura

Debra@CommonGround said...

thanks so much for the feature Nita, now, can't wait to see what you do with your new hutch!!

Shannon Fox said...

You always have the most wonderful features Nita! You should go for it! Bet you would lave that color and it would look great with your fireplace too :)

Have fun if you do!!

Shannon