home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Mod Mix Monday #60

I had this headboard when I was a teenager. It was bought at Pier 1 when I was sixteen.
I was just thinking today that I bet they could sell a ton of these if they would start making them again.
The headboards Pier 1 has now are so normal. 
They are nice, especially a linen upholstered one they carry 
but I think some people would like something like this again.
I painted mine white...yes...all those years ago...I was busy painting things white.

Look what happened last week!
Bliss Ranch turned an old dresser into this fabulous bar! 
Isn't it charming and eclectic?
Kim at Resposhture redid her old buffet with a little white paint and silver rub and buff.
I love this look of a white frame with wood stained drawers.
Jen at City Farmhouse found these beauties in the trash!
Of course they looked nothing like this when she found them.
Aren't they pretty?
Mariaelana of Cottage Living from Beach to Burbs got this pair 
of french side tables and started painting. She wanted a beachy vibe.
Here you see the before and after. 
If you ever question...should I paint this white? Here is your answer.
I have a french chest that I've been thinking of painting white forever.
I think I might just do it tomorrow. I have the day off and I should just do it.
Or should I paint my hutch to potting bench?
hmmmmmmmm....which to do....which to do?

On to this week's projects.

Link up below...

Remember anything old made over to be new...anything new changed up to look old.
New and old together...
Please include the Mod Mix Monday logo and back link to me.
Use a permalink to your post, for sure.

If you link up..I'd appreciate it, if you'd follow me.

13 comments:

Shannon Fox said...

Nita! I had one of those two. Mine was white, My sisters was pink. I wonder what ever happened to those?

Love the features. Bliss worked wonders with that pc didn't she? Sure is loads of talent out there!!

Sharon Rexroad's Bringing Creativity 2 Life said...

I vote for the potting bench so you can enJoy it for a longer period this summer (and to shorten the time during which your mom might talk you out if it!)

SwedishCorner ~ DownUnder...Pernilla said...

Beautiful headboard!
Thanks for hosting, Nita! Great features :) Greetings from Australia♥ ~Pernilla

Mariaelena said...

Thanks so much for the feature Nita...so appreciate it!..glad you liked my table redo...have many more things to paint this summer....have a happy day!!, xo, Mariaelena

Unknown said...

Hi Nita, thank you so much for featuring my chairs! It is always a thrill when someone like what you have done:). I love that you reused the headboard, my sister had the same one, great pop of color. Thank you for hosting:) Have a great week, Jen

Bliss said...

Thank you Nita for the dresser/bar feature, I appreciate it. You are Nit-a and the bar is neat-o!

~Bliss~

"Create Beauty" said...

Such wonderful ideas here!

I was tickled that you noticed my dog lounging in the background of my fairy garden photo ~ only a dog lover would notice her back there!

I've got 4 dogs this week and 2 kids to go with the extra two canines... am enjoying a quiet morning before all the activity begins to roll.

A delight to stop by here in my few moments of p e a c e !!!

~ Violet

Ivy Lane said...

Fun post! I love seeing all the great DIY projects! I have to hang A LOT of art work... so reluctant to.. think I shall bite the bullet and do it after seeing all this inspiration today!

Thanks for sharing!

Cindi Myers said...

Great picks as always.
That headboard is SO you. I agree that it would be a hot seller.
I can envision it in Hot Pink with very Bohemian bedding layered on it.
I hope you do your potting bench next! I'm excited to see it.
:D
XOXO - Cindi

Kim said...

Thanks for the feature Nita. I love the headboard and I really love the bar bureau! Bliss is Brilliant!
Kim@reposhture.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Thanks for hosting! Love all the features. :)

Shabby Marilyn said...

Yes, I would love one of those headboards! Thanks for hosting, great features, love the bar!
Now also linky following!

Dawn said...

Nita, thanks for the invite, I entered my new floors a few weeks ago and I will enter the newest changes on Monday. Hope all is well, I am catching up on your posts. Have a great, day. Dawn suitcase vignettes xo Found some great inspiration on here...I want a light blue couch now as I am making my entire house softer and warmer. xo