home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Monday, July 2, 2012

Mod Mix Monday #57

All American Decor
An American flag as a window treatment? 
Works....doesn't it?
Over the past few years there have been so many pieces of furniture painted with the Union Jack on it...
but how about our own flag? It seems it's being neglected.
which do you prefer
The Star Spangled Banner or the Union Jack?
I'm talking decor wise not citizenship wise.
I have to say the Union Jack still looks so fresh.

Without further ado....
Here are my favorites from last week's Mod Mix Monday.
Betsy of Betsy Speert's Blog preached the virtues of faux flowers.
They sure work here. 
I'm rather partial to fake hydrangeas myself.
Of course you can't ignore how pretty Betsy's living room is with or without silk flowers.
I love the tole trays high up on the wall.
Debbie of Debbie Dabble used a sponge and some paint to turn her old concrete patio 
into a warm brick one. It made the whole space much more charming.
How about this fabulous fire pit? Fabiano of Ciao! Newport Beach just had 
this one built   in her back patio area. The giant fish is pretty great too.

Kim at Reposhture made this great big pallet table for her seating area outside. 

Pretty cool huh?

Please link up your Mod Vintage Mix's for this week, below.
Remember anything old made over to be new...anything new changed up to look old.
New and old together...
Please include the Mod Mix Monday logo and back link to me.
Use a permalink to your post, for sure.

If you link up..I'd appreciate it, if you'd follow me.



18 comments:

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Nita,
Thanks so much for featuring my Faux Brick Patio!
I am so honored!!
I will add a shout out back to you in my next post!
Thanks so much for hosting and thanks again for featuring me!

Hugs,
Debbie

Cindi Myers said...

I still love Union Jack. :D
I think I will copy Debbie's idea for my own patio area.
I LOVED all your picks.
Great stuff!
and.........
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!
XOXOXO - Cindi

Susan Freeman said...

I prefer the chest painted with the Union Jack too. Have a happy and safe 4th of July and thanks for hosting Nita!

Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

Jennifer @ Town and Country Living said...

I saw that pallet table last week and immediately asked someone at work if we throw out old pallets. He said yes ... so guess what I'm making? Well, hubby will be making it. :) I love the dresser with the US flag on it! I guess I'm one of the few that likes it better than the Union Jack dresser. :) Thanks for hosting, Nita. Enjoy your 4th of July!

Unknown said...

Nita thanks for hosting. I love Betsy Speert! She's hilarious AND mega talented with design! Have a wonderful 4th!!!

Eclectically Vintage said...

Fabulous features!! I adore Betsy's style and those "bricks" are amazing!
Kelly

Connie said...

The American flag used for a window treatment? Surely it deserves more respect.

Ricki Treleaven said...

That bedroom is lovely, Nita! :D I have always loved red, white, and blue interiors.

xo,
RJ

Pondside said...

I don't usually go looking for decor posts - so time-consuming - but I'll be enjoying all of these - such great ideas. I love that they're all in one place and easy to find.

Andrea at Opulent Cottage said...

Hi Nita, I sort of cheated this week, and didn't really show anything old. But I thought you would get a kick out of seeing Abby's new things from Pier One -- she's working there now! I was so proud of how she mixed them with discount items from Ross. Thank you for hosting! Have a great week, xo, Andrea

Honey at 2805 said...

The first picture is terrific, and I alway perfer the Star Spangled Banner!

Thanks for being a gracious hostess! It my post doesn't really meet the criteria, please feel free to delete it

Olive said...

There is something about the Union Jack. I love the pallet table. Thanks for paying me a visit. xoxo, Olive

Martha said...

Thanks for the great linky party. I'm a new follower :)

Sue said...

Hi Nita-so happy I could link up to your party. I have to agree with you that the Union Jack makes the best look for pieces of furniture. The look is just less cluttered and as you said, "fresh." You had some fun features and I'm looking forward to visiting current links. :-) Sue

Hollywood forever, Kevin said...

MISSED YOU!!!!!!!

Kim said...

Thank you so much Nita for featuring my pallet table.
I liked both chests but I think the symmetry/geometry of the Union Jack is what makes it stand out. I wonder if people over in GB have furniture with our flag all over it?!?

Have a great week and Happy Birthday as well!!
Kim@reposhture.blogspot.com

Blue Shore House said...

I love the American Flag used as a window covering....and everyone is so creative! Thanks for hosting another Mod Mix Monday! Happy 4th!

Madelyn said...

I have to agree with Connie. The American flag deserves so much more respect than to used as a window covering. Stop and think of those young men coming home with the American flag covering their coffins. Totally in poor taste. Just can't even begin to be justified.