home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Friday, February 19, 2010

Looking for a Good Book?


This weekend is the Friends of the Metropolitan Library System Book Sale in Oklahoma City. You'll find incredible deals on hard cover books. Every year the Metropolitan Library purges its shelves to make room for new books. This sale is held at the Oklahoma Expo Hall at the State Fairgrounds on Saturday & Sunday, February 20 & 21 from 9:00am - 5:30pm.

I'm going to the pre-sale on Friday night...so I'll snap up what I want then. Friday night is for members only but last year I went on Sunday at like 3:00pm and found plenty of books I found interesting. All for about $1 - $2 each.

I'll hit the decor book section first. I'm hoping to find some of the books on my Amazon Wish List. There will be lots of recent titles as they buy many of the popular books to have them on the shelves and then purge them to make room for the next round of best sellers. So if you think it will only be old tired volumes....you are wrong. There will be lots of good books. 

I'm hoping to find some ratty ones too to use for projects. Last year my last find was the 1973 copy of




I don't know why I bought it. I won't eat Jello ever since I found out that it's made of animal by-products.  ick

Maybe it was because of the chic party pics inside. Nothing says chic New York Penthouse Party like Jello!




but really...there are lots of great books there. 
For more information go to Friends of the Library Book Sale


No comments: