home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Friday, February 12, 2010

Light Love for Valentine's Day

Have a little heart....




I wish I had the before of this lamp that is in my living room. My super great friend, Tina gave this lamp to me last spring. I went home with her for lunch one day. We pulled into her garage and I saw this lamp sitting on top of a shelf. The base was brown with gold highlights and a square gold shade. I said, "Oh, I like that lamp". I didn't like the brown, but I could see the potential. She said..."Oh, you can have it. I don't have a place for it any more". "Really"?, I said, and gladly took it.

I switched the square shade to this oval one I had from another lamp that I had changed the shade on already. I covered it in this fabric and added beads to the edge. I spray painted the base with white paint, sanded the edges a bit and whalla....a lamp I would have bought if I'd seen in a store.

And what makes it better? I've never seen one like it in a store. It's the only one and it's mine...thanks, Tina.




This post is part of Show & Tell Fridays over at My Romantic Home. Go there to see more great Show & Tells.
 

and more at 



 


9 comments:

Debbie~ said...

I looove your lamp, it's heart shape is very special!!! You refinished it perfectly! Thanks for sharing. If you have a minute, I'd love it if you stop by my S&T!
Debbie @ Cottage Hann~Me~downs

Nita Stacy said...

Debbie - Thanks for your comment...I did indeed stop by and I left you a comment too!

Natasha in Oz said...

Wow, your lamps are so pretty and very elegant. I love all of your beautiful valentine's vignettes.

Best wishes for Valentine's day,
Natasha.

Hootin Anni said...

The chandelier is my favorite!!

My Show n Tell "Is HERE".



Happy Valentine's Day Weekend!

Lamp Tramp said...

Nita, that lamp is gorgeous! I love what you did to make her special. OMG that chandy....show us more of her. She is stunning!

Unknown said...

Okay wow that lamp is awesome i love what you did to the base!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Gorgeous! The shape of that lamp shade looks like it was made to go with this lamp. I'd buy it if I saw it in a store, too!

Ms. Bake-it said...

What a unique lamp! I love it!

~ Tracy

Unknown said...

Thanks for the lamp tip! The tin foil is a great idea.