home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Just a little more love...

Well, Valentine's Day is wrapping up.

I thought I'd share a few more pictures of lamps in my house. And I had several requests to see more of my chandelier in the living room. I have chandeliers all over the house and will be posting pictures of them very soon.






















This chandelier that hangs in the living room, I bought on Ebay. I was told it was from the 1920's but I think it's a little newer than that...but not sure exactly the age. There was one exactly like it in the first Shabby Chic book. I got a great deal on it because the photos of it on Ebay were terrible. It wasn't lit in the photos but they said it worked. I could tell from the photos that it was the kind of chandi I'd been looking for. I guess since the photos weren't great, no one else bid on it. I was thrilled to get it for about 1/4 of what it should have cost. I could not have bought it otherwise.

The ceiling medallion I painted to look old and painted over...I didn't want the colors of the flowers, shells and leaves to be too noticeable. So I painted the detail and then crackle painted over it with the blue. Then added a few highlights on top till I had the look I wanted.


I bought this lamp a few years ago at Tuesday Morning. I painted it white, shabby chic'd it and recovered the shade.




This is one of my favorite lamps...and one of the least expensive and one with the least amount of work put into it. I got this lamp at Garden Ridge.




I added the beaded trim and then some aqua colored french wired ribbon and a rhinestone belt buckle, a few silk flowers with rhinestone centers. Lastly I tucked in photos of Jean Harlow...I have many images of her around the house. She represents the old Hollywood Glamour I strive for in my home.




This art deco clock lamp I bought many years ago at The Lakewood Flea Market in Atlanta, Georgia. The shade on this lamp has had several incarnations...and it may have another soon. I'm much more into silver than gold...and I am fighting the urge to paint this lamp. I probably won't...since the gold is original and it's in excellent shape. But I think I would like it more in silver...what do you think?




This one I bought last summer at Antiques Avenue, here in Oklahoma City. It's really a plant stand. I just placed the pink paper shade where a pot would normally go. It was already white...with chips and rust spots...just perfect. Please ignore the base board that needs to be repainted...it's on the list of things to do. It was removed and put back when I put in the fireplace and suffered chipping because of that...so it's on the list to be repainted. But then all the woodwork in the house is on the list to be repainted and that's a daunting task...so just haven't done it. 


This one I've had a very very long time. I bought it right out of college at Buchanan's Flea Market in OKC. It's a bakelite boudoir lamp. I took it to the "Antiques Road Show" when they were in town. They said it was worth about $300. I paid $25. I like the quirkiness of it. Although it really doesn't look that good in this spot of the house and I'll probably move it soon. 




This one is very special to me. My Dad made it for me from a silver teapot I brought home from a thrift store. I'm always putting small lamps on top of books to make them taller. The shade I covered with some Rachel Ashwell Shabby Chic fabric.




And finally, last week in the mail I received these Shabby Chic coasters (they used to sell these at Target). I bought them off of Ebay. I've bought quite a few of these because they are part of my over the top mirror decor project. I was so happy to find four more of these coasters. I'll show you later in the week what I do with these. 

See that fabulous silver leaf looking tray? It came from Target on sale in their After Christmas stuff at 75% off. I kind of have an obsession with mercury glass. I've told myself I will not buy another mercury glass candlestick no matter how good the price. But that mercury glass pear...I could not resist when I found it last spring at Marshall's. 

This post part of at Show & Tell Friday over at My Romantic Home


9 comments:

Pam W. said...

Love, love, love the chandeliers! Wish I could see the potential in everyday things like you can!

vignette design said...

The chandelier is gorgeous! And that silver teapot lamp is darling.

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Such great ideas!! Love the tea pot lamp!
Debbie-Dabble

Marianne said...

Your chandeliers are gorgeous! Love all the bling bling. and that lamp with the pictures is so funny! Love your style

Jonathan Gill said...

So I have stumbled upon your blog while trying to research mercury glass lamps. I have an original antique mercury glass lamp that I am going to sell on Ebay in a week. I am trying to get information on it. I know that it is old and that it used to be an oil lamp, but it has been converted to an electrical lamp.

Anyway, here are some pics of the lamp on tiny pic...

http://tinypic.com/m/99knko/1

http://tinypic.com/m/99knpl/1

http://tinypic.com/m/99mjk6/1

If you or anyone else has any information or are interested please let me know!

Allison Shops said...

Gorgeous chandelier. Love the silver lamp your father made for you. My oldest DD went to college in San Fran, and has all Shabby Chic furniture, bedding..etc. Even pajamas. The girl is obsessed. She actually went to work for Rachel after graduation - at the SF Shabby Chic stores. Good thing she got a great discount, especially when the stores closed. :( Rachel wanted her to come to LA to work, but DD is not interested in living in the LA area. I can't say I blame her, not even for the discount. She still has customers call her asking for advice on what patterns to mix, etc. lol

Funky Junk Interiors said...

That trip was a treat! What a fabulous collection of everything so unique. I'm loving the tip on putting your lamps on books to give them height. The picture lampshade really caught my eye... soooo whimsical!

Thanks for linking up to SNS!
FJ Donna

Titti @ Shoestring Pavilion said...

Oh, I'm in love with the plant stand lamp! What a genius idea! I wish I had a plant stand to use for a lamp.

Sakshi Mehta said...

This is really great site post , your post really very helpful for me .
Elite Girl in Delhi