home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Monday, April 14, 2014

Mod Mix Monday #148

I'm all about spring decorating at the moment. 
That room above just screams spring!
Open the windows...hear the birds sing and enjoy the fresh spring air.
So...I'm all about spring but have not done much about it,
I've been too busy with the new job but 
I have two days off in the middle of the week and hope to get some projects knocked out.
One of which includes painting the dining room.
I know...that's a big one...but do-able.

I might be too busy with work but my readers are busy getting things done.
Let's take a look at my favorites from last week's Mod Mix Monday.
 I'm a sucker for this type of buffet. I've said it before and I'm sure I'll say it again, I can't get enough of them.
Orphans With Make Up painted this one in Paris Grey which really accentuates her beauty.
 Shabby Love gathered some newly acquired vintage items and displayed them on her mantel.
They have a great sculptural quality. Love that it's all black, gray and shades of white and cream.
 I adore this dresser! Love the color and the way it's painted.
It's another lovely creation at Trois Petites Filles.
A delightful kitchen makeover from The Sideways House caught my eye. 
It's mostly paint and ingenuity that makes this kitchen charming.
The chalkboard wall adds some drama. Touches of stainless make the room feel fresh.
I think they did a fantastic job!
 Sette Design painted a tired little chair and now it's all modern and cool!

Now let's have a little Easter...
I'm afraid I'm not going to put up any Easter decor this year.
I'm just too busy with starting the new job.
And this week I could either decorate for Easter or paint the dining room.
I'm going to go with painting the dining room.

But look at what other's have been up to in the Easter department.
 Simply Suzannes cooked up these sparkly Easter sugar cookies.
She has some other great ideas too...you'll want to check out her other ideas.
Super sweet this bunny silhouette is from Restoration Redoux.
And who doesn't love deviled eggs for Easter.
Old Things New tells you how to make these colorful ones.
I actually have Easter off from work so perhaps I can make a batch of these.

Share your Mod Mix's in this week's party below.

Remember anything old made over to be new...anything new changed up to look old.
New and old together...
Please include the Mod Mix Monday logo and back link to me.
Use a permalink to your individual post not to your entire blog.

If you link up...I'd appreciate it, if you'd follow me.

23 comments:

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Thanks so much for the party each week, Nita!!

Hugs,
Deb

Vintage Paint and more... said...

Love the inspiration picture this week Nita... especially that blue cabinet... thank you for the party and have a great week... Cathy

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

love the picture with the chalkboard walls. When I get brave I will have a black wall.

Melissa said...

Thank you so much for hosting and for featuring my mantle decor!!! :) Have a wonderful day!

Simply Suzannes at Home said...

Suzanne of Simply Suzannes at Home

Dear Nita, Thank you so much for featuring my Spring inspired sugar cookies!
Your features this week are amazing! I love the first photo you shared . . . Yes, it scream SPRING. LOVE it!
Thanks so much for hosting, dear Lady. Have a beautiful week and a Happy Easter.
Suzanne

Unknown said...

Happy Monday Nita! Sounds like you have a big project planned for your days off but one that makes such a huge difference. I need to get a lot of painting done around my house this Spring too.
Thank you so much for featuring my colored eggs and for hosting this fab party!
Blessings,
Patti

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

Nita, great choices!

Tuula @ Thrifty Rebel Vintage said...

Thanks so much for hosting!

Tea in the Library said...

So lovely to be joining up today! Have a blessed week.

Kathryn Ferguson Griffin said...

Nita, lovely features! Those deviled eggs are making me hungry. lol. Thanks for hosting! Happy Week to You! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

Donna@anangloinquébec said...

Thanks for hosting!!

vintage girl at heart said...

You and your readers have the best creativity! I always leave your posts feeling like I have some mojo to get things done around here.
That painted dresser is fabulous! I have one that I've been needing to redo so I am going to check her blog out.
Can't wait to see your dining room.
Good Luck and STay Warm!

Tarnished Royalty said...

Glad to hear you have Easter off work Nita. Enjoy your day and Happy Easter! ~Ann
Tarnished Royalty

Mindie Hilton said...

Thanks for hosting! Hugs from Mindie May from Bacon Time.

Miss Kitty said...

Hi Nita! Thanks for hosting your party for us even though you are busy with your new job. Hope it is going well. I thought about you when I got out my little lambs that I bought at Pier One last year.

Unknown said...

Thank you! Thank you, Nita! I get the best butterfly feeling every time I see you feature one of my projects. You gave me my very first feature and it is special every time.

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

Thank you so much for hosting! The first picture really says "spring is here" with those oopen windows.

Unknown said...

Nita - Thank you so much for continuing to make time to host such a successful party each week. Thanks for the feature on my sideboard - I'm so honoured - all the other features are all so great. Happy Easter and enjoy your two days off!

Mary @ Orphans With Makeup

the cape on the corner said...

i love that kitchen with the added shelf above the cabinets. a great dispay, too.

Cindi Myers said...

Another great Mod Mix Monday!

Denise @ secondtimearoundfinds said...

Thanks for the party.
Hope you have a lovely Easter weekend next weekend.
Denise

Unknown said...

Gorgeous images. I want to recreate the first one, so fresh and pretty xxx

JacRDew said...

Nita, thank you so much for featuring our kitchen and for all your kind comments! This has made my week!

Thanks again,
Jacalynn @ The Sideways House