home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Bob Mills Furniture

Looking around the store
I took time the other day to photograph my favorite pieces at the store.
I'm working at Bob Mills Furniture. It's been in business since 1971.
They have seven locations - one in Oklahoma City and six others in Texas.

The location in Oklahoma City is also the corporate office.

I fell in love with the piece above my first day at work.
It is actually not for sale. It sits in the office of Bob Mills' executive assistant.
She knew I loved it...I've gawked at it enough.


Of course I love the finish on it and the drawer pulls.
Love the chippy finish.
ABC cabinet
 
This sits just as you come in the front door....oh...my that's for me!
I wish I had room for it in my house.
chipped paint and marble....is there a better combo?
 
I fell in love with this sofa the first time I saw it.
I've always been attracted to this style.
Love those arms. It's covered in a white linen. Price?
It's 50% off because they are discontinuing it.
only $500 per piece! You cannot beat that price. Oh...I wish I needed a sofa!
I do need one in the office/den but white linen is so NOT weenie friendly.
very sweet lamp
those are rusty metal flowers
another nice lamp
Apothecary Chest
How about a tall bookcase complete with library ladder?
modern-ish, recycled wood dresser
 
Nice dining room cabinet. Very interesting painted finish.
now that's a rustic!
beautiful dining table
 I'm partial to this bedroom furniture...
 Isn't this cool?
 A little industrial light.
very nice platform bed
 made of many different types of wood
 
Industrial cabinet and shelf unit

 
I love this mirror!
 This bedroom just came in!
 Very Shabby Chic!

 This piece would work as a buffet in a dining room.
 love those details
 Oh...yes I can see this in my home.
It needs different bedding of course. This bedding is all wrong for it.

So that's a little tour of the store and some of my favorite pieces currently in stock.

I'd love it if any of you dropped by and visited me.

It's at 3600 W. Reno
Oklahoma City

sharing at

12 comments:

Debra@CommonGround said...

what great furniture!! looks like a fun place to work, but I'd have my paycheck spent before I got it!

Stacey said...

I like several of the things you showed, Nita. Love that lamp with the flowers on it. I'm with Debra...I'd be in trouble there too. We have a couple of things we bought at Bob Mills in OKC. Great store!!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh fun store and some really pretty things. Hugs, Marty

Custom Comforts said...

You must enjoy your job looking at and selling all that pretty furniture. Everything is beautiful. Do you work at the OKC store? For some reason I thought you lived in Atlanta.
Cindy

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

Pretty mix of pieces!

Nita Stacy said...

Cindy -
I tried to email you but you were in the no-reply situation. I'm in it too at the moment. I need to switch it again. I hate this soooo much about Google +. I can see why you would be confused. I do live in OKC. I used to live in Atlanta over 10 years ago but I often show houses from Atlanta because I know the neighborhoods. So that is why you probably thought I was in Atlanta. But no...I'm in OKC and probably will be for the rest of my life. Good thing I love my neighborhood. I could never afford my neighborhood if it was in Atlanta!

vintage girl at heart said...

I can see that you are a perfect fit for this local company!!! Their pieces really surprised me! Something for everyone. I wonder did they look at your blog prior to hiring you and know that you could sell the pants off of their inventory with your style and eye for design?!
Thanks for sharing..I LOVE so many items and especially that bedroom set!

Olive said...

Hi Nita, I love the turquoise mirror too. I know you will be a terrific sales person for them. I have barely been blogging myself. Its been crazy with our storm clean up, spring gardening, and my booths. You just cannot do everything well. I cannot anyways. xoxo, olive

Andrea at Opulent Cottage said...

Goodness, it has been a long time since I saw so many new pieces that I like so much! So many good ideas for interesting finishes. What a wonderful store. I saw quite a few lovely accessories too, and some pretty mirrors. The next time we go to Austin I might have to check out the Waco store, we drive right through there!

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

Wow. I love that new bedroom furniture. I'm going to see if there's a store near me in Texas. I really love their style of furniture.

Amy Chalmers said...

I think they have great stuff and very good price points. Now they just need to put you in charge of merchandising it all and they can have a major win on their hands by years end. I hope they know how lucky they are to have you Nita.

john smith said...

I felt like I could not breathe in that store...and I made one quick pass around the place and left. DemirLeather.com.au